Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: For moderators : this forum with english BE ?

Contao-Nutzer

Standard For moderators : this forum with english BE ?

Hi,

I know there is an english forum (and we -french- have our french forum) but more often we find answers on this one. One example : Metamodel website indicates to come here for support.

So, this will be cool for non german speaking people to have backend in english (and why not other languages).

Thanks.

Administrator Avatar von Nina
    Contao-Projekt unterstützen

Support Contao

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Charled Beitrag anzeigen
    So, this will be cool for non german speaking people to have backend in english (and why not other languages).
    What I COULD do:

+ Add an english language file for the forum user interface (i.e. english texts for forum buttons etc.).
    + Create a general subforum for english speaking users, where they could ask in english (and get answers in english if possible).

Is that, what you are asking for?

If we do that, I think it would be a lot of confusion with the 'real' English Contao forum because people would start to post here and there. So if the english speaking community tells us, that they want to stay here INSTEAD of the english forum, it would mean, that we close the english forums and only support them here. I am not sure if that makes sense or is the wish of all active english speaking users?

As far as I know, the english community is quite small, so maybe it would be really better to put them here. That way there is a bigger chance for getting answers (even if the answers might be in bad english - at least my English writing skills are not good ) simply because of the much bigger active forum user base here.

But it would also be a bit confusion for new english users because they see all the German text on the forum home page at their first visit. Sure, we could try to put them directly into the English subforum (via a Subdomain redirect), but that problem would always be there.

Contao-Nutzer

Standard

My question was definitively to have english (and other languages) interface in back and front end (buttons…) of the DE forum.

But your second proposal should be considered as making english forum a main one. So it could become an important knowledge base for the entire community.

And then help the community grow all ober the world. If wanted.

To my point, Contao has great qualities and should be as known (and used) as Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal. If wanted. Again.

Contao-Yoda Avatar von MacKP
    User beschenken
    Wunschliste
    Contao-Projekt unterstützen

Support Contao

Standard

I think this would be realy handy. Don't think we need an extra Section for english only. Like in MM all can post in this Section. When someone ask in english we will answer like that ^^

regards
    Contao Pool | C-C-A | MetaModels | [Internetseite -> Mediendepot Ruhr]
    [Arbeitet bei -> Paus Design & Medien]
    "I can EXPLAIN it to you, but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you."

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer