Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3

Thema: Contao local installation

Contao-Nutzer Avatar von cb21

Standard Contao local installation

Hello there.

New to Contao, very excited about this CMS, but frustrated after having tried, to no avail, a local setup..

Maybe I'm missing something, but I tried several options, including the composer.

I use Mac OS X 10.7.4 and MAMP (Pro) 3.5.2. I have dozens of other sites on it (don't laugh, ok, but this even includes an ugly WP setup), but as said, trying to install Contao, I am cornered.

OK, I figured that with Contao 4.3.3, the "install.php" is hidden in the "web" folder.

So best I'd achieved for now is getting a message saying; "The localhost page isn’t working localhost is currently unable to handle this request." Which is rubbish, I have several other sites open. I tried to look up answers on the net (for the past 6 hours), but to no avail, neither.

As mentioned, it may be my ignorance on using Contao, but perhaps someone can shed some light on it.

Cheers

Contao-Nutzer Avatar von Hanski

Standard

Hey there!

Since you didn't write exactly which steps you took, here's a very brief install guide:

1. configure a VirtualHost pointing to /web as root and set a servername
    2. edit your hosts file so your servername gets redirected to 127.0.0.1
    3. run contao install

If you're having trouble with either of those things, feel free to ask.

Contao-Nutzer Avatar von cb21

Standard

Helo Hanski

My apology for not having been clear enough.

Never mind though, I figured, the "Free 2 weeks trial on the MAMP 3.5.2 ended already after 5 hours, very abruptly. That seem to have caused all the problems. I just realised when I refreshed the browser windows on the other sites I had open and they all showed the same message.

I now simply uninstalled the MAMP PRO version and run the simple, free version and all seem to be well. As the main character of the movie "3 idiot" (one of the most awseom Indian movies I'd watched, says; "Alliswell, alliswell".

Thank you for your support and patience.

Added:
    However, running the installation process I see now an error: "The requested URL /contao/install was not found on this server".
    Correct! The folder "contao" does not exist, because I installed the contao CMS files/folders under the actual root folder of the actual site I wanted to build with.
    Hence, this folder name is "blablabla.com", not "contao"
    Question:

Where do I need to change this path. Obvioulsly Contao assumes any installation run under the "contao" folder?

Thank you
    Geändert von cb21 (22.01.2017 um 12:08 Uhr)

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer