Thread: Catalog Table Design

Experienced user

Default Catalog Table Design

If you not sure about Database tables, parent child relationships, this is the place to ask.

User

Default Re: Catalog Table Design

Well if that is so:

It´s nothing I really need at the moment but I have been wondering about this a lot previously:
    When creating something locally with the catalog extension. What´s the best way to get the beast online? I´ve never managed to do so.
    The "Backup Database-Extension" didn´t work and when exporting the database directly from phpMYAdmin manually I received errors.
    Is there a trick? Are there any tutorials?

(PS.: Thanks again for your help with the meta.txt. Made my life easier!)

Experienced user

Backup Database should work. I believe the newest version can make a complete backup copy of the DB and export it as an SQL template (like the demo site example_site.sql). This is the file to import one you have your installation up and running (before creating any pages or any other content). Install all the modules first (or afterwards) and then go to install.php and import the new "template" you made from your export. This will work correctly. Also, you need to copy your tl_files/ folder over and also some of your custom templates/ folder.

Experienced user

I had a problem too with the Backup Database (it was working, and then it stopped working).
    I solved it by increasing max_execution_time ( max_execution_time = 90 ) in my php ini file.

These php.ini file settings can be increased to often solve problems where "nothing seems to happen"
    max_execution_time = 30
    max_input_time = 60
    memory_limit = 32M

Hope it helps.

New user

I am trying to create a property listing using catalog ext module but no idea how you can use one catalog items list as a select field in another catalog or more easily as a FK?

Experienced user

you simply use the tablename of your catalog as the source of the SELECT or TAGS field.