Thread: Events?

New user

Default Events?

Hi,
    I have searched for a simple explanation of how Events work and should be set up in TL. I can't seem to find anything in the User Manual either. I know i can work backwards from the demo, but if someone was kind enough to give me a one or 2 paragraph explanation it would really help my understanding, and save me from getting unnecessarily confused. :D

User

Default Re: Events?

Hi Pauli,
    you´should set up two different pages. One will display your event list, the other the event details.

Then you go into Contents > Calendar/ Events and set up at least one Calendar (that's basically the same as with archives in the News module). Pick your event detail page as target page. You can then immediately produce new events for the new calendar (you should maybe create one for testing. Set to published and save it).

Now go into Layout > Module and create two 2 modules: an eventlist and an eventdetails module (choose the calendar you just created and settings as you like).

Finally place the modules into their respective pages, that's it...

cheers
    Antipitch

New user

Default Re: Events?

Wow. Thank you Antipitch, just what I needed.

I'm feeling like a jaded CMS refugee that has found a home... I'm starting to love Typolight.

Cheers

Paulie