Thread: Issue on members and their fields.

User

Default Issue on members and their fields.

Ho to all.
    I have a question for you.
    I want give the possibility to the company to register their own on my site.
    So i must have field like VAT or Fiscal Code on Memmbers, how can i add this filed? There is an extension (or other) that add fields to members?

Another issue is that this company on my site can have a little page, with Logo, Description and 3 fotos. After insert this company can edit this values, so what is the correct way to implement this? I can use an article associated to members, or i can create a new table on php and use list module, or ....

User

Default Re: Issue on members and their fields.

Hi Tizianol8,

yes there is an extension. It's called xtmembers_fieldeditor and allows you to create your own member extension containing new fields. Unfortunately I only have a german manual at this point but if you have any problems just use this forum to aks (add a xtmembers_fieldeditor thread in the 3rd party / xtmembers subforum).

Two things:

• It is only possible at this point to create simple text fields and select fields. I will extend the functionality but at the moment this is it.[/*:m:8dslbe11]
    • xtmembers_fieldeditor creates a TYPOlight extension for you. You can either receive this extension as a ZIP file and extract it in a TYPOlight installation of your choice in system/modules or you can directly create the module structure in the current installation. In both cases you have to run the TYPOlight install script afterwards to add the new database fields to the database[/*:m:8dslbe11]

You can use the generated code of xtmembers_fieldeditor easily to create your own member fields. The created files contain everything a member extension for TYPOlight needs. So if you just want to get the basic files for you own extension, use xtmembers_fieldeditor create the extension as a ZIP file and work with it afterwards.

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

User

Thanks!
    Now i try this extension.

Have you any issue about the second question? The possibility to user (company) to handle a little personal page, with a brief description, logo and 3 photos.

Thanks in advance.
    Tiziano

User

Hi Tiziano,
    Another issue is that this company on my site can have a little page, with Logo, Description and 3 fotos. After insert this company can edit this values, so what is the correct way to implement this? I can use an article associated to members, or i can create a new table on php and use list module, or ....
    I would recommend to add a backend usergroup for the company and give this usergroup the rights to edit specific articles. Maybe there are already modules that allow frontend editing but I don't know. The "correct" way is to do this in the backend.

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender