Thread: FormAuto Subject

New user

Default FormAuto Subject

Good morning,

i hope this is the correct area for my question. As i told you at the old forums i have several motorcycle trainings where people can attend. These trainings are every month. Now i have to change the subject of the confirmationmail by hand when i publish a new event. Is it possible to fill the subject of the registration form with an insert tag or anything else from the current event? Date or name?

I would be glad if you could help me out.

greetz
    Frank

Experienced user

Default Re: FormAuto Subject

You can use a hidden form variable to store the current page's title (which is usually the event's title). This can then be used in the confirmation e-mail as {{form::myhiddentitle}}

New user

So i add a hidden field "eventname" to my registrationform with value {{env:age_title}}? In the frontend its filled correctly with page title. After that i put {{form::eventname}} in the two email subjects. But i doesn´t work.

Experienced user

Won't work in the subject field, but in the body.

New user

I need it in subject. Ist there anyway to put a Variable dynamicly in the subject?

Experienced user

Hey Kahmoon

If you update to the latest FormAuto module (build 7+), it now supports inserttags in the Subject as well. This means you can also leave out the hidden field, if you do not want to capture that into your responses, e.g. only in your subject. The subject is parsed for both {{form::myfield}} inserttags as well as any TL tags as well, e.g. {{env:age_id}}, etc.

New user

Good morning,

hmm i think i have the latest release 1.0.8 - 5. I tried your workaround with inserttag in subject. This works fine on the "Send form data via e-mail" for the admin. Confirmationmail ignores the tag.

greetz

Experienced user

I forgot to add the build 7+. I've added this feature just for you, silly! Go download/update NOW!

New user

Hehe thx. Is there any way to get the eventdate from an inserttag? I can´t find any in the taglist on typolight org.

greetz

Experienced user

There is no inserttag for event/date/etc. specifics, because if an inserttag is called, it cannot directly determine a specific event's information (date, title, description, etc.), because it first require that you first tell it which event this is, by providing it's ID number (for example),

This COULD be the way you can call it in the future:
    {{event::date?id=50}}

This method of inserttag doesn't yet exist, so (1) we/you have to create this first (as an extension) or (2) request it as a feature on the dev system.

Experienced user

There are some inserttags for news, events, etc. written by markus. I've used this and it works great. It even does FORM data on the posted page. you could just edit this inserttag extension to do your bidding. I hacked it to add "get" variables, so I can keep using my custom search form's "keywords".

http://www.typolight.org/extension-list ... gs.en.html