Thread: (solved) Catalog <=> Taxonomy bug?

New user

Default (solved) Catalog <=> Taxonomy bug?

// SOLVED //

Some info in advance:
    - I use typolight 2.7.2
    - I use Catalog package downloaded via the typolight extension catalog (manually) // 2009-07-12 15:07 // TYPOlight_catalog_30069_13.zip
    - I use Taxonomy I also downloaded via the typolight extension catalog (manually) // 2009-07-12 15:07 // TYPOlight_taxonomy_10069_23.zip

Problem 1: Catalog doesn't show up in my extension list anymore after installation (see attached pic).
    [attachment=2:258l6o6i]1-extension-list-missing-catalog-ext.jpg[/attachment:258l6o6i]

Problem 2: Catalog doesn't show the list I made using Taxonomy after ticking the "select items" button (see attached pics).
    [attachment=1:258l6o6i]2-broken-catalog-backend-no-selection-field.jpg[/attachment:258l6o6i]
    [attachment=0:258l6o6i]3-taxonomy-list-looks-fine.jpg[/attachment:258l6o6i]

And finally... a pic of how it should look ;-) http://dev.typolight.org/attachment/wik ... xonomy.jpg

Is there some dirty solution to get the option list back? When I tick the check-box Typolight is doing some background work but then fails to display the actual selection field.

New user

Default Re: Catalog <=> Taxonomy bug?

I reinstalled the catalog + catalog-ext modules through the typolight backend and let it repair taxonomy and everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks!

Experienced user

Default Re: (solved) Catalog <=> Taxonomy bug?

its because you didn't have backend_tabletree and probably also backend_filterwizard, which are the other two components that you require for the catalog to operate. manual installations are prone to forget these dependencies.

Experienced user

Default Re: (solved) Catalog <=> Taxonomy bug?

Another note on this. Manual installations DO NOT appear in the BE Extension Repository listing, because it ONLY tracks extensions that it installed itself, not the manual ones.