Thread: Do I need a DataContainer?

New user

Default Do I need a DataContainer?

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a CMS to create a very simple website for a charity organisation. I've only just discovered TL and I'm confident that it has pretty much everything I need. I'm very excited and looking forward to getting into it - it looks great.

One thing I would like to have is a means for users to be able to see a list of records in database table, and then be able to add, change and/or delete records. One use for this is to allow users to 'sign up' to time slots for street collections, but I can think of others. There would only be a small number of fields. It needs to be very easy to use as the users may not be very computer literate!

So my question is, what is the best way to achieve this? Would you guys use the DataContainer, or is there anything else I could consider?

Many thanks in advance.....

User

Default Re: Do I need a DataContainer?

Hi Portcullis,
    what exactly do you mean by
    DataContainer
    ?

Of course, you can always program your own module, but I'd probably do this with the EFG extension. Data can then be managed via backend or frontend, as you like.

cheers
    Antipitch

New user

Default Re: Do I need a DataContainer?

Actually I'm not really sure what I meant - I was guessing that this was an exension/functionality to achieve what I wanted!

But I've looked into the EFG Extension and it looks very suitable. I'll give it a go....

Many thanks, Antipitch.