Thread: Problem with Mails Add Confirmation E-mail)

New user

Default Problem with Mails Add Confirmation E-mail)

Hello Thyon,
    I'm a new with TypoLight and my English ist bad.
    I create to forms and all working fine, create the database, fill in all the information and send Confirmation E-mail ( {{form::autoall}} ). I start on July 5. 2009 and the conformation Mail working fine:
    see here the result:

Form Registration Example
    Hello Ferdi,
    You have now been registered for the event.
    Firstname Ferdi
    Helmut
    E-Mail Address: ......
    Country de
    Schwalmtal
    2. Participant firstname -
    3. Participant firstname -
    Than I have install the the Version formauto 1.0.8 stable 8 and from this time I get only a Mail that is blank or all data are missing:
    See here:
    Registration DmD-2010 Hotel reservation request

Hello {{form::att_firstname}},
    You sent follow reservation request:
    {{formauto::all}}
    See you in Portugal
    Your DmD-Team
    Same problem with both formulare

I hope you can help me!.

Many thanks
    Helmut

Experienced user

Default Re: Problem with Mails Add Confirmation E-mail)

I have tested the current version and looked at the code again, and it seems fine. Not sure what else I can do to test it?

New user

Hello Thyon,
    thank for your quick answer. In the moment a use as workaround the efg extension and this extension working fine (send the E-Mail correct) with your solution.
    Possible I have make a mistakte by me, but have no idea. If it possible to tell me what can I do, to get more information what is wrong in my installtion.

Best regards
    Helmut

Experienced user

I've traced the bug. Update to the latest build 9 and you will have it fixed. I created the replaceFormAutoInsertTags() function, but didn't code it correctly (so it can be used for subject and message).

New user

Hello Thyon,
    many thanks, Build 9 is send the confirmation - Confirmation Sender - message is working including Mail based on the ....html file.

For the Recipient address the E-Mail its working only "csv", "in xml" or "raw data" data format.
    The E-Mail Data format send only a blank mail and in the Form generator are no possibility to make a choice about the recipient html template like the template for confirmation html template.

Best regards
    Helmut

Experienced user

The Confimation e-mail is the only e-mail function provided as part of the FormAuto extension. The [ x ] Send via E-mail is a standard TL form generator function (developed by leo), so if you need anything else to change there, submit a feature request to the TL Trac system.

New user

Hello Thyon,
    the confirmation E-Mail working ok. Problem is the part

Send form data via e-mail

Send the submitted data to an e-mail address.
    Recipient address

Separate multiple e-mail addresses with comma.
    Subject

Please enter the e-mail subject.
    Data format Help wizard
    is the first part of the Form generator and this part is from Leo?

Best regards
    Helmut

Experienced user

Yes, that is a STANDARD form function. If you create a new standard form, that option will still be there (since its NOT part of FormAuto).

A workaround, would be to add a field into FormAuto's confirmation e-mail section (to duplicate the TL function), e.g.

CC:
    [____________________________]
    Enter a list of e-mail addresses to send copies to every time a confirmation is sent.

Is this what you would like? This would be an event organiser, etc. I usually don't want to enable this feature, because it generates unnecessary e-mails. Its much better for a person to logon to the BE and look at the FormAuto reponses through the form data button. They can also export the registrations there.

Believe me, I use the FormAuto module EVERY SINGLE DAY with my event company clients, and they love it. They really don't want ANY e-mails to tell them when someone is registered, they go look at the download data.

New user

Hello Thyon,
    thank you for your information.
    I use typolight for a event management of a Motorcycle group Honda Deauville www.deauville-meets-deauville.com . I use the forms to manage the registration of the event ( Registration as participant, reservation of Hotel and Tours) . For the booking of the Hotel I must send the form directly to the Hotel, the Hotel has no access to the Back-End.
    For me is also importand to send a copy of the reservation as E-Mail with the reservation request to the Hotel.

Your CC: function will be help to do it.

In the past I use Typo3, but it was to heavy to manage the functionality for the national language editors. I think Typolight is manage the editors more easy (I hope).

Best regards
    Helmut

PS. To manage the different language what must i do ?
    Create for each language a new form, if yes, can I use the same database?

Experienced user

hey helmutk

I've added the CC e-mail address into the confirmation e-mail form FormAuto. Now you can update to the latest 1.0.9 build 4 and it will provide that field (remember to update the DB as well, to add the new field). You can have multiple CC e-mails by seperating them with a comma.