Thread: Custom Navigation module not translated

New user

Default Custom Navigation module not translated

Hello,

I'm using changelanguage to translate a website into an additional language and I really have to say I've never used a simpler or more intuitive translation mechanism on any cms I've tried

I have a Custom Navigation module, despite these pages have a translation, the translation page and article are published and translations of content and titles and page alias show correctly on the backend, the menu isn't translated in the front end

how should I go to translate the menu?

Official Contao Team andreas.schempp's Avatar

Default Re: Custom Navigation module not translated

You seem to have set a reference page in the navigation menu. Try to remove that.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

New user

I have selected english language pages supposing it would pick corresponding pages in other languages but it looks like it's not the way the it works

I could create another Custom Navigation for the other language and directly pick pages in Italian, but how do I load a different module depending on current language?
    I'd need an iflng tag applied outside the module...

In the end I can do it with a Custom HTML module with a couple of iflng tags...but hopefully there's a smarter solution

New user

ok fixed the problem adding this structure with some custom html modules in the header

{{iflng::en}}
    ENGLISH CUSTOM NAVIGATION MODULE
    {{iflng}}
    {{iflng::it}}
    ITALIAN CUSTOM NAVIGATION MODULE
    {{iflng}}

I hope it can be of help to those who'll face the same problem
    sometimes, depending on how you're used to code your own stuff, you don't realize how easy the solution can be

New user

Thank you for sharing JTO.

I came to this board, having the same problem... and you gave me the solution ! :D