Thread: Articles Translations

New user

Default Articles Translations

I just noticed pages are translated and you can switch between different languages of the same page with no problems at all, but this doesn't happen with articles.

I get a warning message that says: Sorry, item "translated-article-alias" does not exist.

I guess the correct article alias isn't picked when creating the language flag link...any known work around for this?

New user

Default Re: Articles Translations

did someone find a solution to this? or am I doing something wrong?

you can see the problem at this page: Abetone Ski Resort

if you click on the Italian flag you get an error because you're sent to /comprensori-sciistici/articles/abetone-ski-resort.html

the site structure for the page 'comprensori-sciistici' is correct but the article alias is wrong, it should be 'comprensorio-abetone', in fact if you replace that in the url you get the content you are supposed to reach.

User

Just in case you haven't managed to fix this already. I had the same problem a long time a go.
    I was doing everything required for the translation links to work but the alias kept on being wrong, it kept on pointed to the wrong article. A glitch very frustrating!

SOLUTION:
    Finally I had to access the MySQL database via phpMyAdmin and corrected the Article Page alias at the source.
    It took a little searching but it worked in the end.

Hope it helps
    geung

New user

hey thanks for the suggestion, I'll try this asap ( 130+ articles to check :| )

User

little hint.
    in the database, it might be under 'tl_pages' or 'tl_articles'
    in typolight each page and article has a unqiue number id, so just find the corresponding problem page/article id in the database and fix the alias associated with it.

good luck
    geung

New user

the articles don't have a language specified in the database table tl_article, instead if you check tl_pages you find the language abbreviation in each record

I don't think I need to edit each article's alias, the problem is not a wrong article alias, we just need to have the script pick the correct one that is different form language to language

to continue with the same example:
    English: http://www.montagna-pistoiese.com/ski-r ... esort.html
    Italian: http://www.montagna-pistoiese.com/compr ... etone.html

if you visit the english page and click on the italian flag you go to the correct page structure, but it keeps the same article alias as in the english version, resulting in a 404 page ( Sorry, item "xxx" does not exist. )
    Obviously the same happens if you start from the italian version.