Thread: Change the error page

New user

Default Change the error page

Hi,

When TL fails while processing a request one is likely to get the TL "An error occurred when executing this script". I would like to change this (at least in the frontend) since it doesn't really help my visitors, especially "non technical" people will get very confused. I think it would be better to have an error page that looks like the site and contains an message like "site temporarily unavailable". Optionally it would be nice to get an error email.

Would it be sufficient to edit system/modules/backend/templates/be_error.tpl to accomplish this in the fronend?

User

Default Re: Change the error page

Quote Originally Posted by davidn
    Hi,

When TL fails while processing a request one is likely to get the TL "An error occurred when executing this script". I would like to change this .

Would it be sufficient to edit system/modules/backend/templates/be_error.tpl to accomplish this in the fronend?
    no this is the wrong way.

login to backend -> go to Template -> new template -> select the be_error from the dropdown. -> click again on template the be_error will appear there -> click on edit button near the be_error entry.

the above will create a copy of be_error.tpl into your TL_ROOT.'/templates/' directory this means that you can avoid the above steps and just create a file named be_error.tpl into your templates/ dir.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

Thank you ga.n

Experienced user

Is there a quick way to activate this page, so that you can view it to style it. I don't really know where to "trick" it into an error so that this page is displayed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    Is there a quick way to activate this page, so that you can view it to style it. I don't really know where to "trick" it into an error so that this page is displayed.
    if it is not a "live" website just turn "display errors" to off and change the database password so Contao cannot connect to the database
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it