Thread: Event-list repeated before registration form

New user

Default Event-list repeated before registration form

Hi,

i'm currently starting using the calendar_eventsattend extension. I have one event page, were I inserted the build in event-list module as well as the events-attend module. when the page is loaded the first time, the event list is presented. Clicking on one event yields the registration form below the event list with repeating (redundant) information from the event list. Is it possible to just show the form without the list before or to just show the form and not again the event details? I tried that inserting the events attend module on a different page and linking the event to that page. however, as now event information is passed over, the page is empty.

furthermore, the link of the event displayed in the events attend module is wrong and just links to the main page of my website, not to the details page of the event.

thank you and kind regards,

Dan

Experienced user

Default Re: Event-list repeated before registration form

Events attend is a replacement module for event reader.

New user

I understand this. But the event list is only generated by the build in event module. In the same page I inserted the events attend module to get the registration form, when an event title from the list is clicked. However, then I still have the list module displayed AND the registration form with redundant information. Do I understand something wrong? If I only insert the events attend module, nothing is displayed.

Experienced user

Yes you misunderstand. This is Basic TL stuff. News and events have list pages with modules on them to list news/events. The archive then has a jumpTo page where you place the news/event Reader Module to show detail info. The list module creates a link to the jumpTo reader page with a single item as parameter, e.g.
    http://www.site.com/event-detail/items/ ... alias.html

the detail page is event-detail.html and the event alias is myevent-alias.

New user

Hi thyon,

thanks for your quick replies. I know this TL stuff. I just found the problem that the jump-to page was misconfiguered and pointed to the same page and to to the page with only the event reader.

However, there is still the problem that the link of the event name displayed in the events attend module points to the root directory of the website. I wouldn't mind removing the link as the details are already presented by the module. In which file do I have to change this?

thanks a lot for your patience ,

Dan

Experienced user

The Events Attend module calls the original Event Reader and its template, so technically it ONLY adds the form. The templates you can copy is mod_eventsattend.tpl which contains the rendering of the event and form.

The event link is NOT displayed by the Events Reader or The Events Attendance (reader) modules. This is done in the Event List. I'm sure you're getting confused with List/Reader modules here. Download the News TypoGram from the TL documentation:

http://www.typolight.org/documentation.html