Thread: trouble updating database

Default trouble updating database

hello there,

I've been trying to install the Tags extension using the Extension Manager. Everything goes fine until I try to update the database to create the necessary tables, when I get a blank page that goes nowhere. I tried copying the files manually and updating the database using the install tool to the same result (the tables never get created). I thought it was a MySQL version problem, but the strange thing is that everything else works fine, both Typolight in general and every other extension I tried. Any hints about what might be causing this?

thanks in advance

User

Default Re: trouble updating database

I have absolutely no clue.
    Do you have access to the server logs? The white screen might indicate that there is an error so if you use Apache and do have access to the logfile, it might help to see what's written in the error_log file when this happens.

Are you using TYPOlight 2.7.2? Which Operating System are you using? Which PHP version?

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

No error logs generated, but maybe my problem is due to PHP 5.1.6, the strange thing is that Tags extension works great in another project I made with the same server and PHP version (impossible to find 5.2 where I live), but it was Typolight 2.7.0. Now I'm using 2.7.2 with Windows 7 / Firefox. I managed to isolate the lines responsible for the blank screen, updating the database line by line using the extension manager. Both these lines cause the blank screen, all the others were fine:

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `tl_module` ADD `tag_topten_expanded` char(1) NOT NULL default '';
    ALTER TABLE `tl_module` ADD `tag_all_expanded` char(1) NOT NULL default '';
    I'll try to create these manually, let's see.

thanks for your time and great work

User

Ok, so that's what I thought.

TYPOlight needs at least PHP 5.2.0, see http://typolight.org/system-requirements.html

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender