Thread: News/Blog

New user

Default News/Blog

Is it possible to create navigation menu for 10 different news/blog archives. If yes, how? When a visitor click on a specific "news archive" link it should take the visitor news items populated in that archive. I am using TL 2.7.3. Thanks.

Default Re: News/Blog

Hi Asap,

You can create items in a navigation menu for anything you want. The key concept to understand is that if you want to organize your news archives so that they appear as individual navigation items, then you need to create one page for each archive and set up the lister module for each one individually to go in each of those pages. News archives are listed via modules which are placed within articles or layouts. Think of a page as a container for various articles. Think of an article as a container for various content elements. Modules can be dropped in using the "module" content element in this way.

Hope that helps!

Fred

New user

Thanks Fred, for the prompt response. Shall give it a try and update.

New user

First I followed the tutorial on this page: http://typolight.org/forum/topic/617.html

Then followed Fred's instructions: Created 10 News Archives, Created 10 Newslist Modules for relevant archives, Created 10 Page Layouts (based on default layout) assigning/replacing one module per layout and Final Step created pages in site structure.

Now I have a main navigation link with drop down menu of 9 items.