Thread: Submitting extensions?

New user

Default Submitting extensions?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do we go about packaging and submitting extensions? The links in the "instructions" section of the Repository all lead to contifex.com, requiring authorization to view?

http://www.typolight.org/instructions.html

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Default Re: Submitting extensions?

We will be relaunching the project website with a detailed developer's guide in a couple of days. Until then, you are welcome to ask here if you are stuck.

1. Create a new extension
    2. Add a new release
    3. Upload the files
    4. Create at least one translation
    5. Publish the translation
    6. Publish the extension

New user

Default Re: Submitting extensions?

Thanks Leo, I see the new project site is up. I did have a couple of questions for anyone who can answer them:

Some explanation first: The extension is called "Events Archive" and duplicates the News Archive and News Archive Menu frontend modules for Events. I have a client who organizes events frequently and has multiple feeds for different event categories on their site. We wanted a more robust system for archiving past events, since by default the Events List will only go back as far as the current calendar year. With this extension, you get the ability to produce a month-based Events Menu which can link to an Archive, exactly like the News module.

-I based the extension on Leo's code for the News Archive, with modifications to make it work for the Events tables. I'm not sure as to the proper crediting here - should I © myself? Leo? At the moment, in the header comments, I have "© Adam Harvie 2009 (based on News module by Leo Feyer)", but I'm not sure what the right thing to do here is.

For the install package:

-it adds two fields to tl_module: `cal_jumpToCurrent` and `cal_showQuantity`, which are in the "config/database.sql" file. Should this SQL be duplicated in the "INSTALL/install.sql" file as well, or do we just put all SQL in "INSTALL/install.sql" and don't use "config/database.sql" any more?

For package.xml:

-Would the proper version code for the Typolight minversion be "20070009" for 2.7.0? (It could work for earlier versions - I'm not sure).

Thanks for any help!