Thread: Registration / Activation

New user

Default Registration / Activation

Member registration page does not redirect to "thank you" page. Activation link mentions "unable to process request" - What is wrong? Also "Personal Data" module does not display member information for edit/update, when the module is loaded to a page/article as content element. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

User

Default Re: Registration / Activation

I'll check this soon
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

User

It seems I need more information on what exactly you are doing. Member registration is working fine for me and the redirection is working too.

So it might be interesting which modules you are using in which configuration and combination to achieve your solution.
    Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

New user

I am using Typo Light 2.7.2. A page was created and registration module was set to display as content element. The registration page displays perfectly in the browser. A thank you redirect page has been set up, this page does not get displayed on "submit". I receive an activation email but when I click on the link it says unable to process and page cannot be displyed.

Issue # 2 - I have enabled a page with Personal Data Module to enable members to edit/update record - this page does not display the module. I hope I have explained enough. Thanks.

User

Do you use the xtmembers extension at all?
    Anyway, I think this has nothing to do with xtmembers.

#1: Was the thank you page selected in the registration module? You have to select your "Thank you" page that should come after the registration in the "Redirect page" section of the module. If you activated the activation email, you have to select an activation confirmation page in the "Confirmation page" section of the module. I did both and it worked totally fine for me. See attached screenshots.

#2: You have to make sure that the member that should use the personal data edit page has sufficient rights to see the page and the member has to log in in the front end before he/she can use the personal data editor. Do you have a "Login form" module placed somewhere to allow front end members to log on into your site?

HTH,

Helmut
    -- Bender

New user

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Yes. I am using xtmembers.

From your reply I gather that I have to create a confirmation page redirect and deploy a dedicated thank you page for registration, currently I am redirecting/using a thank you page of another form on the site.

Yes a login page is available in FE.

I shall complete the steps as recommended and post. Much appreciated.

New user

The issue was "avatar" - "reset to default" or an avatar image has to be uploaded. If one of this is not done, registration goes through (at submit level) without any errors/validation feedback. The error was traced through "error log" in system -- PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Query error: Column 'avatar' cannot be null.

Now activation & personal data edits are working fine.

User

Oh,

thanks for finding out. I will check if this is an error in the xtmembers integration of the avatar or of avatar itself.
    Best,
    Helmut
    -- Bender