Thread: [yw_youtube] Youtube videos as a content element

Default [yw_youtube] Youtube videos as a content element

Hi all!

I'm the developer of the Youtube CE extension and I'm about to finish version 2.0.0.

As you may have noticed, I'm not very active on this board, time is money - right?
    I hope there are some users of my English version as well, because I didn't translate it into English just for fun

Well, as I said I would like to release v 2.0.0 with some new nice features and I need some beta testers before I'll put it in the repository.

If anyone out there does use my extension and would like to test the new version, pls send me a PM or an email. I'll be happy sending you the RC and answering any questions you may have.

Of course, if you want to help me out with this extension a bit, you could try to write a short tutorial or wiki entry. This is always easier for a native English speaker, isn't it?

And last but not least, pls read through my translations carefully. Maybe my field descriptions are unclear and I'd like to avoid any misunderstandings.

Tanks a lot! 8-)
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

Default Re: [yw_youtube] Youtube videos as a content element

Just released v 2.0.0

Have fun!
    Regards

User

Hi Toflar!

I'm using your extension for a couple of projects and I love it!
    I just added myselft as a Swedish translator and will release the Swedish translation in a couple of minutes or so.

Keep up the good work!

BR,

Matz

Hi SuperMatz!

Great, what a great idea :D

Thanks for your support!
    Regards

New user

How long does it take to publish a video to YouTube through iMovie? I made a video through iMovie and chose the option to publish it to YouTube directly from iMovie. I completed all the steps and loading, but it is not on YouTube yet. How long will it take until it is viewable on YouTube? Thank you.

New user

What im i doing wrong here, i need to copy the "embed" code into the description feild thru the "html" button in the text editor to make the movie show!

User

Quote Originally Posted by thubsa
    What im i doing wrong here, i need to copy the "embed" code into the description feild thru the "html" button in the text editor to make the movie show!
    Just add the video ID number in the "Video" text field. The ID looks like Nk3eFaF39hA and thats all you enter.
    The description is optional. Don't enter any embeddings or other codes in the description.

New user

yes ofcourse, thanks!.
    I first copied the hole youtube url..
    Thanks again

Hey guys!

TL 2.8 handles flash content a bit different. I've therefore updated the module so you're able to use it while testing the release candidate already! Have fun!
    Regards

New user

Hi,
    this is a great extension that I´ve been using in a couple of projects. Right now I´m working on a site that is mostly going to use the newsmodules to gererate content. I would love to se a version of yw_youtube that works for the newsitems as well. Do you think that is possible? Would love to do it my self but as I am primerly a designer I lack the coding skills to do this. I think a lot of people would find it useful to have this extension work with news items as well.

Best regards,
    Mike

Hi Mike

Things are happening thick and fast right now

I'm planning to release a video extension that allows you to use it in the news as well - I promise!

On the German board, somebody's just released a Youtube-API connector extension which is also based on yw_youtube. So right now I'm trying to figure out, how this person is going to use yw_youtube and what future actions are being planned.

Well, my idea is to release a completely new extension (independent from yw_youtube) that handles as much videotypes as you want (youtube, vimeo etc. - easily extendable for every TL dev) and providing videos in the news and events module, as a content element as well as using InsertTags.
    But this would require to re-think the whole process of how the videos are going to be added to the system. I think I would actually like to have the extension the typical TL way, meaning that you have a video archive as the parent element and lots of videos as child elements. The only thing you then have to do is select the desired video in a dropdown or, in the case of the InsertTag, the video id.

I haven't had any feedback on this idea yet on the German board so maybe you want to start a discussion here?

I would really appreciate ideas and inputs because as this extension has in the meantime advanced to one that is used in a lot of projects I feel like I'm not developing it for myself anymore, although I'm doing it for free

What do you guys think?
    Regards

I have one question. I've installed the yw_youtube extension, puted the ID where it should be...When I click save and close I can see half of the windows in "article" (back end) but when I go to front end there is no video.
    I'm using typolight v2.8
    Help please.
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

Hmm, can I see this online somewhere?
    Regards

I will post the link when it will be online...perhaps even tomorrow.
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

New user

Yeah same for me. 2.8 - Can see the video in the backend admin, but not on the front-end site...

New user

Quote Originally Posted by wotanskrieg
    I have one question. I've installed the yw_youtube extension, puted the ID where it should be...When I click save and close I can see half of the windows in "article" (back end) but when I go to front end there is no video.
    I'm using typolight v2.8
    Help please.
    I've solved this one (for me at least).

As i'm a jQuery nut, I removed the mootools javascript from my template, and replaced with jquery instead.

To get the youtube videos working again, I had to put the following line back in my <head></head>

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/mootools/mootools-core.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by Toflar
    I'm planning to release a video extension that allows you to use it in the news as well - I promise!
    As promised: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1464
    Regards