Thread: Send event details in confirmation email...

New user

Default Send event details in confirmation email...

Hi all

I have a little question: I'm using the module calendar_eventsattend and created a form where the user has to supply address details. I want to have one form only for all events. To know to which event the user has subscribed to it would be nice if there are additional event details in the confirmation email (not only title of event with inserttag env:age_alis).

Is there a way to accomplish this`???

thanks for suggestions
    roger

Experienced user

Default Re: Send event details in confirmation email...

The FormAuto and EventsAttend were designed to operate independently, so the FormAuto module has know knowledge of any event information. Also, its possible to configure the same form for multiple events, so finding out to which event a form belongs to can result in many events, so how do I then know which event to display. The FormAuto EventsAttend system is really not a full-blown application system, it was primarily designed when I had very little knowledge and skill, so I extended what was already there, which was easier to do.

Of course I have the new module to replace all of this, but boy, its going to take about 6 months to code, and I can't even get to the Catalog to finish that.

New user

hi thyon,

thank you for your answer. General I hoped that it will be possible to access informations about the form due the fact that the desired event will be shown on its own page and below the "magic" form for registration.

Due the fact only the env::* vars are accessible through the form there is no way to determine more details about the event, especially date/time information about the event.

Even it is not possible to send details about the event the module calendar_eventsattend is great.

regards,
    roger

Experienced user

you might want to look at [moretags] which provides a method to add event-based inserttags. With these, you could technically add them to hidden variables in the form, which can still be displayed once the form is recorded. Sure, you're now storing more event info in the form, but at least it might work out. I presume that the moretags only work on the event reader page, where you will be using it.

EDIT: I had a look again, and it seems you still have to provide the current event ID, which you may not have.

New user

Thanks for this suggestion. I will check this add-on.

regards
    rOger

New user

So... i checked the module you suggested. And of corse you are right: the form id is needed to access the desired field. Probably there is another way but unfortunatly I'm a newbie in TL. So let me ask another question: I'm able to access the form id in the corresponding template. Is it possible to push from there information into environment so the form module is able to access the required info with a insert tag?

regards
    roger