Thread: Can't find the manual any longer

User

Default Can't find the manual any longer

Hi Thyon,

I would like to redirect some french TypoLighters to your documentation, as there are plenty of questions on the french forum, but the pages I've read in the past don't seem to be reachable while using the "Manual" link extension list.
    Could you provide another one?

Thanks.

User

Default Re: Can't find the manual any longer

Sorry about that ... I just found out that everything was now available from one of the sticky threads!

Shouldn't have doubted your sense of organization :D

Experienced user

Hi Tosca

Please provide me with WHICH one don't work anymore. TL (e.g. leo) has also changed their Wiki 2 times in the last year, no wonder we are falling behind with the links/documents/updates.

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Actually, all old links are being rewritten. According to Google, we have now a lot less deadlinks than before the relaunch.

User

The "Manual" button on the catalog-ext page of the repository points to this page
    http://dev.typolight.org/wiki/typoli...ionsCatalogExt
    but I couldn't find any "real" link to go further to the actual manual.

Experienced user

Quote Originally Posted by tosca
    The "Manual" button on the catalog-ext page of the repository points to this page
    http://dev.typolight.org/wiki/typoli...ionsCatalogExt
    but I couldn't find any "real" link to go further to the actual manual.
    That is the manual, but the manual is made up of the Catalog (back-end module) and CatalogExt (front-end module) parts and some Tutorials, etc.

The stuff is not complete in the Wiki because it was converted to the new wiki, and the conversion process has not gone well. All the images were not inserted inline, note pop-up boxes do not work as expected and all the links to other manuals (e.g. Catalog, Tutorials, etc) have been lost. We'll either have to manually edit all the wiki's again now (I'm really not in the mood to do this a third time now), or the transfer script could be a bit more accurate in its conversion process. It might be worth my while to convert these into a manual onto my own TL site as simply content (but then others can't edit the content).

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    It might be worth my while to convert these into a manual onto my own TL site as simply content (but then others can't edit the content).
    This might be a good idea anyway, because the wiki is deprecated and will be removed once all contents have been merged into the main website. Since the relaunch, it is not possible to edit pages anymore (let me know if you need write access for your modules).

User

Quote Originally Posted by thyon

That is the manual, but the manual is made up of the Catalog (back-end module) and CatalogExt (front-end module) parts and some Tutorials, etc.

The stuff is not complete in the Wiki because it was converted to the new wiki, and the conversion process has not gone well. It might be worth my while to convert these into a manual onto my own TL site as simply content (but then others can't edit the content).
    Hi thyon maybe you want to give a try at ZedSeries Help System for writing your user guide.

I released it today and I think that it could fulfill your needs
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it