Thread: Differentiate Booked and non booked event on calendar

User

Default Differentiate Booked and non booked event on calendar

What I have done :
    I have a calendar with event (reservation). User can register the event and after the event is booked. Nobody more can register for this event.

My problem :
    On the main calendar user can see all events (already booked events and non booked events), user must click the event to see if the event is free or not. It is not very user friendly. Did we have a way to make (on the calendar) the already booked event non-clickable and red and the free event green (for example)?

thanks for help

Experienced user

Default Re: Differentiate Booked and non booked event on calendar

Nope. The Calendar Events is an extension of the existing event system, so rewriting all the modules to make it work like you want it, will quickly make the module incompatible when TL upgrades happen.

You can of course copy the calendar module and make your own calendar that does this check. Remember that ALL modules must be duplicated to introduce this feature, Event Calendar, EventList, EventReader (already done), so its a lot of files to manage. There was a hook, I'll look into it, maybe that would be a way to achieve this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    Nope. The Calendar Events is an extension of the existing event system, so rewriting all the modules to make it work like you want it, will quickly make the module incompatible when TL upgrades happen.

You can of course copy the calendar module and make your own calendar that does this check. Remember that ALL modules must be duplicated to introduce this feature, Event Calendar, EventList, EventReader (already done), so its a lot of files to manage. There was a hook, I'll look into it, maybe that would be a way to achieve this.
    Thanks for the speed answer!

Ok why not ;-) I will notify you if I do it.

Hi synergie,
    when i get it right you can use 2 calenders... one for booking and one without...
    When you display both you can change the color ore whatever with CSS because every calender has his own class.

Maybe thats enough for you ;-)

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de