Thread: RSS feed

Default RSS feed

Hi, can someone point me where I am doing mistake.
    I have a news channel, with 2 news item. I have checked generate feed checkbox and gave a unique name without .xml extension. I saved it, and it did create a XML file in root folder.
    But why don't i get rss icon in the URL? Its driving me mad. I have clear/purged cache but no luck. I have tested against music acadamic website and it is working there, fe_page.tpl in mine is same the Music website.
    Thanks for help
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

Experienced user

Default Re: RSS feed

I see that the demo as following on line 32 of the homepage:

Code:
    <link rel="alternate" href="http://demo.typolight.org/news.xml" type="application/rss+xml" title="Music Academy News" />
    I think this is automatically added, though, because it is between the CSS and core JS files.

Ahhhh ... I just found out where it is! You have to go into Layout > Page layouts and check off which News feeds (within "Head section") that you want to include.

Default Re: RSS feed

Ahhhh ... I just found out where it is! You have to go into Layout > Page layouts and check off which News feeds (within "Head section") that you want to include.
    Thanks once again Ben! That must have taken few neurons from my allready shrunked brain.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    i'm trying to figure all this rss stuff out...
    what does this mean?
    Code:
    RSS news feeds
    No records found.

It means that you would have to create a new news feed in order to publish it on your web site.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options