Thread: update of the gallery extension?

New user

Default update of the gallery extension?

Hey,

I'm using the gallery extension and it's really great but since the new TYPOlight update 2.8 is released you can't post any comments because the behaviour of the comment module changed: all comments are now in one mysql table (tl_comments). The gallery extension is still using its own table (tl_gallery_comments).

In the template mod_galleryviewer.tpl there's this line:
    <input type="hidden" name="FORM_SUBMIT" value="tl_gallery_comment" />
    It ought to be changed to
    <input type="hidden" name="FORM_SUBMIT" value="<?php echo $this->formId; ?>" />

Tried it out but it apparently doesn't work.

I would be very pleased if you could update the gallery extension.

Experienced user

Default Re: update of the gallery extension?

As the Comments module doesn't support permissions, or allows the user to select a specific filter for comments, I will not change the comments system for now. You will have to keep using the comments attached to each gallery individually.

When the comments system -- which actually I don't like at all, since it merges all the site comments together and I think that is wrong -- provides a method to ONLY show comments per application (without having to be forced to use a filter), only THEN will I re-code the gallery comments -- which is another major task to do.

New user

The problem is that I can't post comments in a gallery since I updated TL to 2.8. Can't you just change that and leave the comments in its own mysql table?

2.8.1 does have permissions for comments. Time to update

Experienced user

Why can you not post comments? Surely the comments in the gallery just operate on their own like they did before? Its a LOT of work, because the entire comments system has changed, and I mean everything about it. I just don't have the spare time... clients come first...