Thread: 2.8.1 upgrade - Some glitch in the comment form

User

Default 2.8.1 upgrade - Some glitch in the comment form

Just testing the 2.8.1 version before upgrading and found out the mandatory * symbol is displayed twice in the comment form (see screencopy). The generated code is:
    Code:
    <td class="col_first">
      <label for="ctrl_name" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Champ obligatoire</span> Votre nom<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><span class="mandatory">*</span> 

</td>
    <td class="col_last">
      <input type="text" name="name" id="ctrl_name" class="text mandatory" value="" maxlength="64" /> 
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="widget">
    <td class="col_first">
      <label for="ctrl_email" class="mandatory"><span class="invisible">Champ obligatoire</span> Votre adresse mail
    (non publiée)<span class="mandatory">*</span></label><span class="mandatory">*</span> 
    </td>

User

Default Re: 2.8.1 upgrade - Some glitch in the comment form

Anybody knows about this issue?
    Or shall I open a ticket for that?

Experienced user

No idea Tosca, but if you can test on http://demo.typolight.org just in case another extension is causing this.

User

Thanks for the idea.
    I've not been able to reproduce the issue on the demo site (see screencopy), so I guess I'll have to search somewhere else ... but no idea where, at the moment :?:

Experienced user

What other extensions do you have installed?

User

Only extensions are:
    - Catalog and CatalogExt + the related extensions (Taxonomy, Backend FilterWiz and Backend TableTree)
    - CSSEditor
    - EasyUpdate

Do I need to download Comments from somewhere? I have only upgraded from 2.7.x, and not done anything else as the Comments module still appears in the backend menu.

Experienced user

No you don't need to download comments.
    Catalog may have comments abilities and the two may be clashing (i'm not sure... i've not used it).
    Perhaps Thyon will see this post, he'd most likely know if this could be the case as he designed Catalog... what version of Catalog do you use?

User

As far as I know, Catalog has nothing to do with comments.
    I use the current stable version: Catalog 0.3.6 and CatalogExt 0.8.9

Experienced user

You don't have any altered .tpl files that could cause it?

User

I have modified the com_default.tpl, but I don't see anything that could produce the problem.
    Here it is:
    Code:
    <div class="comment_default<?php echo $this->class; ?>" id="<?php echo $this->id; ?>">
    <p class="info"><?php echo $this->by; ?> <?php if ($this->website): ?><?php endif; echo $this->name; ?><?php if ($this->website): ?><?php endif; ?><span class="date"> | <?php echo $this->date; ?></span></p>
    <div class="comment">
    <?php echo $this->comment; ?> 
    </div>
    </div>

User

Apart from the double mandatory '*' symbol, I just noticed that comments are not processed properly in 2.8.1 version:
    - visitors are not redirected to the page with the confirmation message as they used to be (I have a custom form with a JumpTo page)
    - and the comment never shows in the back-office.

EDIT: sorry about that, the comment eventually showed up in the back-office, but the redirection with the confirmation message for the visitor still doesn't work.

I guess the new Comments module doesn't work exactly as the former one used to; I would like to know what changes have been made so I can begin to understand how I could fix the problem.

Website - still in 2.7.5 at the moment - is Cévennes Plurielles and the comments page is Cahier de correspondance. Feel free to leave a comment to see how it works (comments are moderated anyway).

Thanks for helping.

User

Just found a possible explanation on this page at "Improved form field labels".

[attachment=0:13baiapo]Capture-45.png[/attachment:13baiapo]

In my case, the new labels seem to have been added to the form, instead of replacing the former way of putting the mandatory '*' symbol in the form.

How can I fix this?