Thread: Help with tags in "send via email"

New user

Default Help with tags in "send via email"

Hi there,

I installed and got EFG working this evening . . . and it's looking great so far. One thing I can't decode though is how to include tags in the body of text such as that in "send via email".

According to the tooltip you "can use standard insert tags and tags like form::NAME_OF_FORMFIELD" but no matter what I do they tags are coming out as they are written and not being evaluated.

I'm obviously just missing the correct format but I can't work out what the format is. Is there a README somewhere or do people just pick this stuff up as they go along ?

Here's what I include in the configuration (and what comes back in the mail) -
    =2010_new_user::bcrfc_teamer_email
    2010_new_user::bcrfc_teamer_email
    @2010_new_user::bcrfc_teamer_email
    [2010_new_user::bcrfc_teamer_email]

I tried to use angle brackets too but they got stripped out. In this case 2010_new_user is the name of the form this data is being entered into and bcrfc_teamer_email is the name of the field. What I'm looking for in the email is the email address - in this case in the middle of text like "You have just subscribed using the email address zag@zig.com" but I'm getting "You have just subscribed using the email address 2010_new_user::bcrfc_teamer_email"

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is this one of the EFG bits that doesn't work correctly in TL 2.8.1 ?

Thanks,

z

Experienced user

Default Re: Help with tags in "send via email"

I haven't used EFG, but these are the standard insert tags
    http://www.typolight.org/insert-tags.html
    The format always uses double curly braces to enclose, and double colons to seperate eg: {{xxx::yyy}}

New user

Like ramjet already pointed out you have to use the curly braces and literally "form" before the double colon.
    So let's say I have a field named "Name" in my form, to include it in the email I'd have to use the insert tag like this
    Code:
    {{form::Name}}

New user

Great - thanks for the update, it's all working now.

z