Thread: Problem sending newsletter

New user

Default Problem sending newsletter

Hi everybody,
    When I send a newsletter I get this error in the log: [26-Mar-2010 09:33:47] E-mail address rejected: xxx@afv.dk. This is when I use: "Send exsample to...". Im using the build-in mailer , not "Use costom SMTP server". When I send to the hole mailing list I get this error: "Newsletter send to 0 receivers. 26 invalid e-mail address(es) has/have been disabled.". Its not the addresses, thats for sure.
    TL vers. 2.8.0, PHP vers. 5.3 - I believe. Does anybody knows why this happen??? Ulrik

New user

Default Re: Problem sending newsletter

Anybody? Leo?

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Your mailserver (or php.ini) is not configured correctly, so SwiftMailer rightly returns an "invalid address" error. Once you have fixed the issue, reactivate your newsletter recipients and try again.

New user

Hi Leo,
    I don't run the server (one.com) and therefor I can't access the php.ini file or mailserver setup. So how can I fix the issue? I send to 20 valid addresses, 15 get send with success, 5 returns an "invalid address" error. Next time I try, all 20 returns an "invalid address" error?? All this started when PHP was updated to 5.3. I have two indipendent TypoLight installs at one.com and both react the same, they are TypoLight vers.2.8.0 and 2.8.1. Do I need to move my webhotel to an other host mayby?
    Regards Ulrik Lyhne

User

How about asking the host to help you? I've never had any troubles changing anything up to now...

User

Hi,

Last weekend I sent a newsletter to about 2500 recipients from one of my customers TL installations. It's on One.com and it worked like a charm!
    One important thing is that the Sender adress specified in the newsletter under Expert settings should be a mail account (or alias) on the same domain as your TL installation. If not, you'll experience some limitations in number of messages possible to send per hour/day and such...

If this isn't the problem, contact the support (chat support works great)!

My experience with One.com isn't the best but they're ok i general. No real issues when running TL. Just genereally slow connection (at least from Sweden) and a bit poor server performance. You'll get what you're paying for, as always.

BR, Matz

New user

Hi Ulrik,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I get the same result as you - our mailer rejects every address except the ones on the same domain. The expert address is one from the same domain too - so that's not causing it.

I'm really confused, I send newsletters from one.com Typolights too, so why would settings differ on certain one.com domains? As a rule they don't edit php for any single user as it effects all users - so I don't think it's a php.ini issue.

Phil Norris.

New user

I know that in mine and Ulriks situaton we were trying to connect to an SMTP server with valid credentials, but the SMTP server refuses the connection causing Contao to de-activate the recipients.

The guy from one.com said that it was not possible to use anything other than their SMTP to send mails. He said it was possible to change the from address in mails sent from their server, but it is not possible to use another SMTP server in another domain.

What do I know?

My understanding of email and email servers is very very little - is this what the SMTP function in Contao is for?

-----