Thread: [SOLVED] Module ### FORM AUTO INFO ### gives no output

User

Default [SOLVED] Module ### FORM AUTO INFO ### gives no output

Hi,

I created a form which works perfectly. I had a thank you page with normal article content. I recently discoverd the auto form info module, which I believe should give the person who fills in the form feedback of the values filled in.

So I created a module of the type "auto form info" and placed it above the first textual content element on the thank you page. To be sure, I cleaned all cache.

So now I fill in the form. I get a beautiful email message saying I registrated with certain values... works as expected. I see that the values are stored in the database table... works as expected. I am redirected to the thank you page... works as expectend except... I don't see any values there... It shows the same thank you message as before...

What am I doing worng here?

Experienced user

Default Re: Module ### FORM AUTO INFO ### gives no output

It definately works, because I use it almost every day. You've done it correct, just ensure the module CE is published and that the module DIV's with the formautoinfo class is output, so you know its actually rendering the module.

Code:
    <div class="mod_formautoinfo block">

</div>
    The module just displays any FORM session variables stored when the form is processed by TL. If somehow the form processing is interrupted or the session variables have been erased, then the form will still display its enclosing DIV's but have no content.

User

Hi Thyon,

Thanks for this wonderfull extension... Also without this module, it is very useful to me.

I checked and the module is published, but not rendered.... The div is not in the outputted html...

I have to mention... I use it in TL 2.8.1

To be sure, I created a module FORM AUTO LIST as well... This one also does not produce output, so for some reason these modules aren't rendered.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

User

Thyon,

Still no output.... can you please help me further how to determine errors? I do not see any output in the source, so the module isn't rendered, just like it wasn't published (but it is).

Experienced user

its most likely then an error on install or the module template is being overridden with a blank version in the templates/ folder...

User

Hi John,

No install errors and this is in the mod_formautoinfo.tpl file. What I will try is to reinstall everything. Maybe something went wrong in the past (I use EventsAttend since 2.7), but never used Autoform since recently.

Code:
    <div class="<?php echo $this->class; ?> block"<?php echo $this->cssID; ?><?php if ($this->style): ?> style="<?php echo $this->style; ?>"<?php endif; ?>>
    <?php if ($this->headline): ?>

<<?php echo $this->hl; ?>><?php echo $this->headline; ?></<?php echo $this->hl; ?>>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->formauto): ?>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <?php foreach ($this->formauto as $field): ?>

<tr>
    	<td width="10%" valign="top" style="white-space:nowrap;"><?php echo $field['label'] ?> </td>
    	<td width="90%" valign="top"><?php echo $field['value'] ?></td>
    </tr>
    <?php endforeach; ?>

</table>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

Experienced user

Well I have it installed in TL 2.8.1 on my events production website I use for all my clients and the Form Auto Info module is integral to that, and its been working and re-tested since I upgraded, and I do get the output of the module wrapper, even if there is no module output, e.g. I get the module class and heading, even thought there is no posted information from the FORM.... So the basic test would be that if you visit the Thank You page, you MUST get the heading and module wrapper parts, otherwise these is something wrong in your installation.

You can visit a thank you page here to see it working....
    http://www.eventsportal.co.za/ hpprocurveone-thanks .html

I have seperated the URL, because I don't want a search engine to index the event pages as they are for a closed group.

You will see the empty formautoinfo module block further down.
    NOTE: that these event pages are not XTML compliant (and do not have to be).

User

Hi John,

Yeah, I can see in your output the appropriate divs. I re-installed and for some reason I get it now as well...???

This is my testpage
    http://test.tv-wijdewormer.nl/ testpagina .html

So I consider this one solved....

On the same page, I also included the module Form Auto Listing. This one (still?) isn't producing any output. Do you know of any issues with FORM AUTO LIST module?

Thanks again John

Regards,
    Paul

Experienced user

The formauto listing module piggy backs onto the listing module, so there might have been changes with it, affecting this module. You can still manually list the items, by simply using the listing module and specifying the tablename you used. This is the only thing the formauto listing module does, it eases the hand-entering of the tablename.

User

Hi John,

The "normal" listing module works. So it probably is an interaction with it.

Anyway, I now got it all, so I am a happy camper ;-)

Many thanks for directing me to the right direction