Thread: blockquote tag not being read by CSS **solved**

User

Default blockquote tag not being read by CSS **solved**

i have created a testimonials catalog and i was wanting to display the testimonial with some nice big quotes so i am trying to use the blockqoute tag and then apply some code to the blockquote to make it look pretty.

does anyone know why my page might not reading the css for blockquote?

thanks,
    Ste

Experienced user

Default Re: blockquote tag not being read by CSS **solved**

Just to let you now, you can rather use the Glossary extension (from leo) in the E.R. for this. I've used this on 2 websites already, and wrote an extension to it, to show a single random "term/quote". You can also use the dcaconfig to remap the "term" to something else.

http://www.rfmdesign.co.za/ (random quote is at the top on every page)
    http://www.chijourneys.com/welcome.html (random quote on the left is random and on the Golden Book, the glossary module lists all the quotes)

Sometimes we miss that we can re-purpose the Glossary, News and Events modules for other purposes, but simply making a new News Archive (group) for other things. Notice that on the RFM Design, I've used the News app to do the Product Showcase, Client Showcase and Special Offers (adding andreas' News Gallery extension), without having to resort to the Catalog module.

User

Default Re: blockquote tag not being read by CSS **solved**

thanks, yeah i had never really thought of doing using the news module, i will have to use the glossary next time i need to do a testimonial list.

thanks again.