Thread: TinyMCE resizes automagically

User

Default TinyMCE resizes automagically

Anyone else that experience problems with the TinyMCE since 2.8.2?

When writing a long article in TinyMCE the editor resizes vertically automatically. It didn't before 2.8.2...
    This behaviour is very frustrating when the editor grows taller than the visible page in the browser. Every keystroke will kick the focus to the top of the editor, even though the text cursor is way down at the bottom of the article... Well, if you don't believe me, try it! Tested it in the demo with the same result...

Tried to fiddle around with the tinyMCE.php config file without any luck. Anyone? Is it a bug or a feature? :roll:

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Default Re: TinyMCE resizes automagically

It is a feature. If you want to disable it, remove "autoresize" from the plugin list in tinyMCE.php.

Seems nice but it is so annoying jumping to top every time, when you have type something at the bottom of long article.
    I tried removing "autoresize" from the plugin list in tinyMCE.php, as Leo says but this annoying feature is still bugging.

EDITED
    Sorry, I fail to see there are plugins settings in two places with 'autoresize' in tinyMCE.php. Removing 'autoresize' from later one solved the problem or rather I should say disable the feature.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

I removed it, and it worked! Thank you Leo! You're a true wizard of the first order!

Line 75 in a untampered tinyMCE.php looks like this:
    Code:
    Plugins : "advimage,autoresize,autosave,directionality,emotions,inlinepopups,paste,save,searchreplace,spellchecker,style,tabfocus,table,template,typolinks,xhtmlxtras",
    Remove "autoresize," from it:
    Code:
      plugins : "advimage,autosave,directionality,emotions,inlinepopups,paste,save,searchreplace,spellchecker,style,tabfocus,table,template,typolinks,xhtmlxtras",
    ...might need purging the browser cache...and that little "feature" is gone, like my salary the day after pay-day... :D

Still, and this could be me or my setup (or perhaps a mysterious spell placed on my ~15 TL installations), I think that the new tinyMCE is misbehaving. Sometimes it ignores when I'm pressing backspace (yes, I misspell once in a while) other times it flinches when entering text... :?:

New user

NICE! I was also hunting a way to disable this new "feature". Will spend the rest of the evening wondering how anyone could call this a feature

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

It has officially been removed from the core meanwhile (see r317).