Thread: "Generate Feed" Errors

User

Default "Generate Feed" Errors

Hi,
    New to the neighbourhood.

I'm having issues trying to generate feeds. I've tried with a Calendar (Events), tried with News. When I click on Generate Feed, I end up getting an error page. The last one was with a calendar that is already set up with many events. Bummer! My bad! Won't do that again! The error log shows the event and that it cannot create calendar2.xml, but we can't "reinstate" it cause we don't know where it is trying to make it. Anyone know where Typolight would have tried to create the .xml file for a feed? Tried in the folder for the extension, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Funny enough, the content is still viewable on the frontend, but I can't get in to update or add new events as the error page just comes up.

All this opens the door for a larger problem that we've been facing. We've had the same problem of an error occurring with the style sheets. I go in to make a few little changes, something goes horribly awry and the file is unreadable, site looks yucky, my inbox fills up with teachers and students all saying "Do you know that everything looks funny?"...yes, thank you, I am aware I've messed everything up, again. My co-worker (actually the Principal at the small Independent School that I work for) has been able to reinstate the CSS file in those cases, but we don't know what to do for the Events and News problems. Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on? We're thinking it may be a permission problem with the server. Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thanks for your time
    -Michelle

User

Default Re: "Generate Feed" Errors

Sound like a write permission limitation to me.
    Install and run the System check tool found here http://www.typolight.org/configuring-th ... check-tool

Maybe you'll have to go for the "Safe mode hack". More about that here http://www.typolight.org/using-the-safe-mode-hack.html

User

Hi Matz (again! I just replied to you on another post!),
    Thanks for your reply. The Safe Mode doesn't help. We're running on a Windows server, not Linux so it is not dealing with the folder structure in the same way Linux does. Thanks though.
    We'll keep fiddling with it and welcome any other ideas. Anyone running Windows servers having the same problems?

User

Hi,

The news feeds/calendar feeds should be generated in the root folder of the site.
    I have a friend that runs TL/Contao on a Windows server and from what I know there is no problem at all...

Hope you'll find a solution.

BR,

Matz