Thread: Newslist filtered by tag

New user

Default Newslist filtered by tag

I have a question about using the tag filters on the newslist module. When I filter by one tag it works great, but when I try to filter with two or mores tags it only uses the first one on the list.

If I filter by the tag voting it does as I would expect and only shows news items with the voting tag. If I filter using "Voting, Access" or I've tried "Voting , Access" it will only show me things with the voting tag still. Would anyone have some idea of what is going on?

Thanks,
    Daniel

User

Default Re: Newslist filtered by tag

Hi Daniel,

I am actually not sure if the space may occur in the list or not. I tried the filter with my own website and it worked fine, when I entered the filter like "typolight,export". Both tags have been used for filtering.

But maybe there is a bug and the filter is not covering all cases. I will double check the code when I have access to my computer the next time. Could you do me a favor and try to enter the filter without any spaces in it.

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

New user

Sorry it had taken me so long to respond, but I think I see where the problem lies. The way the tag filtering is set up when using two tags is if it contains tag 1 OR tag 2 show it on the list. What I was trying to do was show the news story on the list only if it contains tag 1 AND tag 2.

User

No the tag filtering is set up to show the results containing tag1 AND tag2. Maybe this is a bug. Check for the latest version.
    Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

New user

Hi,
    Has anyone got an idea how to use the Tag Filter in newslist module using the "contao Insert tags"

ex:
    {{user::mypref}}

instead of :
    Tag1, Tag2, etc.

Of course the {{user::mypref}} matches the tags created, just allows personnal preferences.
    It would make this module so much more flexible and interesting.