Thread: Lightbox inside News and Events

New user

Default Lightbox inside News and Events

Hello,

how may I use a Lightbox-Gallery inside a news item or an event? Is it possible to use, for example, a tinymce's template for this?

Thanks for any help!

Experienced user

Default Re: Lightbox inside News and Events

Well, you have a few options for this. The easiest is to create your gallery as a content element somewhere, and insert it into the content of your news item via insert tag ( i.e. {{insert_content::the-element-id}} ). If you're managing this yourself that's fine, but obviously not that easy for client use.

Ditto would work if you are using Thyon's gallery extension.

You may also want to check out Gallery extensions for news and events --
    http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 09.en.html
    http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 29.en.html
    I've haven't tried either yet, but they may do the trick.
    Brian

Experienced user

Default Re: Lightbox inside News and Events

You best option is Andrea's News Gallery extension. I've used it successfully and it allows you to set-up parameters for the gallery seperately. Creating a galley away from the news item, just seems too disconnected to setup correctly. Also, you can add galleries directly in TinyMCE the BE editor, as there are settings for this. You can also set-up a gallery as a content element on a hidden page and then include that element with the { { insert_content::3 } } (no spaces) into your article.

The most elegant solution is Andreas' as he extends the News system to add galleries as a add-on selection, right there in the story.