Thread: *NEW Gallery version 0.8.x released

Experienced user

Default *NEW Gallery version 0.8.x released

The NEW Gallery version 0.8.0 is released:
    http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... ry.en.html

NOTE: Please read the RELEASE NOTES as there are many changes, which will affect you if you are trying to upgrade on a production site (which is never a good idea).

[attachment=0:1zcq86j4]gallery.jpg[/attachment:1zcq86j4]

Introduction
    Gallery Collections (or archives) can be set-up to create protected groups, linked to pages, with artist member group restriction, default sort ordering, RSS feeds (yep, galleries in feeds), and of course searchable (just like News, Events, FAQ).

Gallery items had been vastly improved and you can now either manage individual artwork pieces or photo items with a single poster image or you can add an additional multiple-image gallery. This allows you to both catalog items with single photos or still create photo galleries of events with a nice poster image to represent the gallery (if you prefer to hide the gallery in the list view).

This new version introduces the concept of categorisation of the art/photo pieces with galleries, e.g.
    • author (BE user)[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • artist** (FE member)[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • status** (available, sold, reserved)[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • art size (A x B cm/mm/in/px)[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • medium** (oil, acrylic, color print, etc.)[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • substrate** (canvas, paper, photo, fabriano, etc.) [/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • location[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • description[/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • featured [/*:m:1zcq86j4]
    • published features start/stop as well[/*:m:1zcq86j4]

**All these above items or any additional category items can now be extended by other developers and filtered on automatically (['eval']['feFilter'] = true).

Gallery List Module
    You can now list gallery items (now with odd/even classes) just like news items, with per page, featured, sorting restrictions. Then you can optionally also render the image gallery (which still copies its style from CE Gallery). You can now also specify which meta fields must be displayed (qty, comments, author, substrate, medium, etc.).

List Filtering
    This is a great new addition. Which allows you to check boxes to pre-filter on any of the feFilters, e.g. status=available, medium=oil, etc. Then you can also activate the filtering menu, which creates an UL/LI nav rendering to allow you to quickly filter with a few mouse clicks the entire list of art/photo/galleries.

Gallery List Page-Linked Module
    This works like the List module, but allows you to link a page to a archive and then you only need to have 1 layout shared for many pages. The module will look-up which page its on, search for that through the gallery collections and display only those collections. You can then additionally still filter using status, medium, substrate, etc.

Gallery Viewer Module
    This simply configures the display of the detail page, similar to the listing module.

Gallery Single Module
    This allows you to create a listing of 1 gallery item. This is a bit pointless on its own, but now becomes powerful in the creation of the inserttag reference.

Code:
    {{insert_gallery::ID:MID}}
    where ID is the gallery ID, and MID is the module ID of the Gallery Single Module. Basically, it loads the configuration of the Gallery Single Module, then re-assigns its module ID to the one you specified and then renders that into the inserttag output.

Gallery Comments
    During the installation, your existing comments will be migrated to the new Contao integrated comments system.

Conclusion
    We hope that you will enjoy this new enhanced version.

Experienced user

Default Re: *NEW Gallery version 0.8.0 released

I have found a few more typo bugs -- not exactly sure how these slipped in as it was all working fine on my system.

Update to the latest build #37
    • runonce.php - fixed require_once('initialize.php'); (german forum)[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Remove Old Feeds hook - case "G/g" typo (Bugbuster)[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • replaceGalleryInsertTags - added mandatory return false; so other inserttags can continue to replace. (Bugbuster)[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • GalleryList and Gallery List Page generated error when filters or conditions were empty[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Additional $ found in Gallery.php - that's wasn't there before :roll: (Thomas) [/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Corrected the runonce.php file to validate the old table, and only migrate if no gallery entries are found in the new Comments system (Thomas)[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Corrected the template for mod_gallerylistpage.tpl in the filter section, which was not matching the newer updated mod_gallerylist.tpl with the same section.(Thomas) [/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Fixed a bug with incorrect copy button url, which generated an incorrect permission problem[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Added support for additional title sorting in date mode, in case the date is the same date (BE+FE)[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Fixed a permission bug introduced by a switchable sorting value: manual/date/title[/*:m:3gx6yisu]
    • Fixed a permission not allowed at user level[/*:m:3gx6yisu]

Experienced user

Default Re: *NEW Gallery version 0.8.x released

I've added a split in versions from 0.8.1 for better Contao compatibility. The template grouping folder wasn't correctly taken into account, as the template group function wasn't given the ID (new function).

Experienced user

I've updated the build so that it fixes a problem with not displaying galleries. This typo was corrected in build 18+. Thanks Markus.

Hi thyon,
    thx for the new release
    I just started to look into that.

One thing I found at testing:
    I think there is a </div> missing in the Template mod_gallerysingle.tpl on line 7 ore am I wrong?

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

Experienced user

I've corrected this in the 2.8 and 2.9 compatible versions. Thanks MackP.