Thread: [solved] "Reading" problems with gallery 0.8 on Contao 2.9.

New user

Default [solved] "Reading" problems with gallery 0.8 on Contao 2.9.

Dear all,

I have serious problems using gallery 0.8 on Contao 2.9 in my test-system. Problems changed by switching to 0.8, back to 0.7 and forward to a newer and now the newest build of 0.8.

Problems I still have:
    - I have no chance to choose folders to be shown in a gallery; there simply are no checkboxes in the backend :shock:
    - choosing an existing gallery in the frontend does not lead to the gallery viewing page - script failure or blank page
    - the backend view of galleries does not show thumbnails; I have to mention that this problem appeared while using gallery 0.7 on TL 2.8.3, it disappeared switching to the first 0.8 version but appeared again by reinstalling 0.7 instead. Now it's still the same using 0.8 on Contao 2.9

Hm. At least not an useful description I fear. Please ask for more information if needed.

Best wishes
    Klaus

Experienced user

Default Re: Serious problems with gallery 0.8 on Contao 2.9.

This is just not looking carefully:

Proof of Gallery selection on folders:
    [attachment=0:2gpk195i]gallery-images.jpg[/attachment:2gpk195i]

Upgrade
    Like I said, in the release notes, you just can't upgrade and expect it to just work. There are just too many changes. You HAVE to RE-SAVE the Collection/Archive AND all your galleries to use the new information.

Template Changes
    Also, in the release notes, you were told that you have to change all the templates because in TL 2.8.2 leo took my gallery_xxx.tpl templates for his CE Gallery, so I could not use it anymore, so it's been changed to be gal_xxx.tpl. Also, none of the old templates will work, so you have to rewrite them all.

There is no mechanism to prevent people from upgrading, as I would have put that in place in the Extension Repository, so that you have to install from scratch.

New user

Ah - ok - sorry I have to admit that I didn't read the release notes. My fault indeed. I'll try it once again and will post then wether a proper installation solved the problems or not.

One more question: Did you integrate the solution of this former remarked problem in your new gallery version?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1142

I had to fix it manually again in the last 0.7-version - it seems as if you didn't integrate it in later versions of the gallery extension. Now I'm not shure if the solution is the same in 0.8 because there are so many changes?

Finest regards
    Klaus

Experienced user

Again, it seems you really are a bit blind, or you left your glasses at home. You refer to a forum post and then right at the bottom of the post, I WRITE THAT I FIXED THIS IN 0.8.0!!! Geezzz.......!

In FACT I even made it a BLOB, so that it won't ever run out of space again.

Code:
      `gallery_archives` blob NULL,

New user

Yes, you're right - I wear glasses :geek:

What shall I say? I yet didn't see your last post, because I don't read this forum constantly - sorry. I'll try to be more attentive in future.

However: thank you very much for your patience!

Take care
    Klaus

New user

Default Re: "Reading" problems with gallery 0.8 on Contao 2.9.

Here I'm back again one last time (I hope). Gallery 0.8 now works on my test system. I searched for information in the german forum and the online documention of the gallery extension, but I found no hint about my last problem: I don't want to show the gallery description in the gallery list. In gallery 0.7 the description was one of the meta fields to be chosen in the template configuration of the gallery list module. Now the gallery description seems to be integrated inflexible to all layouts - is that correct? Do you want people to modify the templates? Or didn't I see the simple solution again although wearing glasses? ;-)

Finest regards
    Klaus

Experienced user

Yes, the description is mandatory, so its not considered a meta field. You will have to modify the template. You can just comment it out... (// echo) or you can just make it invisible with css.

New user

Ok - thanks!

Have a great weekend
    Klaus