Thread: [isotope] Product Attribute not translated into Label

Experienced user

Default [isotope] Product Attribute not translated into Label

I've created a Movie Rating attribute to a movie dvd/blu-ray store.

The rating is as follows:
    Code:
    g    G - General Audiences
    pg    PG - Parental Guidance Suggested
    pg-13   PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned
    r    R - Restricted
    nc17    NC-17 - No One 17 and Under Admitted
    However when I go to the template it displays $this->rating the value "g" instead of "G - General Audiences". It does correctly have "g" in the $this->raw['rating']

This is also for the Pages/Categories. Why not replace them with the page names too, since at the moment the pages are displayed as:
    Code:
    [pages] => <div id="pages_11" class="pages">Array</div>
    EDIT:
    I'd prefer if the pages were a list like this:
    <div class="page_alias1_here">Page Name1 Here</div><div class="page_alias2_here">Page Name2 Here</div>
    Also, choosing Options list in the TYPE drop-down for the attribute shows a radio list, but selecting select list show a weird control instead of a drop-down select list.
    [attachment=0:2gket2ux]rating-attribute.jpg[/attachment:2gket2ux]

Perhaps its just the English wording, but a select list is supposed to be a select drop-down, right? Options list also doesn't specify a radio button list, which would be a better description. Perhaps there is another setting to make it switch to a drop-down, but I just can't find it.

Default Re: [isotope] Product Attribute not translated into Label

Hi Thyon-

Yes, I am fairly sure this is a known issue. We need to work up a better way to handle select lists, etc. that are not variants. The reason it displays that control is so you can translate the variant options, but I think that Andreas is looking at other ways to handle this. It is on our list of things to do for 0.2.0...

I'd recommend adding this as a ticket in the Project Manager (http://projects.winanscreative.com) so that we can get it tracked and assigned.