Thread: formauto conflict with calendarfield extension

User

Default formauto conflict with calendarfield extension

I installed the calendarfield extension in addition to formauto extension. When I pick the calendarfield option for the field, I receive a SQL error on the field name. I assume it is because formauto does not know how to create a SQL field for calendarfield. I believe calendarfield just needs to store data in a SQL text field. I wonder how I could address this?

Experienced user

Default Re: formauto conflict with calendarfield extension

That's it... If only leo would merge the database.sql file into the DCA, then all would be solved, then every field not only knows how to render itself, but also how to create itself in the DB.

I just manually add the JS to form in a HTML section and bind the calendar pop-up to the field. Its not needed to install any extension to just to that.

User

Default Re: formauto conflict with calendarfield extension

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion is a good work around, but probably above my skill level at this time :-(.

I am able to use the calendarfield extension with formauto by having first created a due_date as a text field and then changing it to calendarfield. This gives me an error when trying to save the field, but it does work on the front end. It includes the date in the email, but does not save it in the database. This may be sufficient for now.

Thanks again!