Thread: Comments on each picture?

New user

Default Comments on each picture?

Is there a possibility to write comments oneach picture or are there only comments for a whole gallery?

Experienced user

Default Re: Comments on each picture?

This is only possible if you manually add each image to the gallery collection yourself, as only a gallery item can be commented on. Then you have to make more collections. I understand people want a FaceBook style app. The next development is to allow you to multi-create items based on the filename, but then editing each item afterwards will take almost just as long.

Perhaps in a future version (which would be non-upgradable), the comments can be on both galleries and images. Then I can make a 3-level deep tiered approach (since Contao now supports this).
    Gallery Collection => Gallery (using an auto-poster) => Image entry

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rundinhio
    Is there a possibility to write comments oneach picture or are there only comments for a whole gallery?
    you can try this extension that aims to provide a general purpose comments functionality. You can find an introductory article here.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

Thank you for your response.

zedseries_commenteverything seems to me useful but not in this case. The gallery uses a BLOB field in Database to get the pictures from source. I don't see a possibility to comment every picture alone.

User

if the pictures are shown one a time (a page for each one), I am sure you can use the extension for your needs.

I'll be happy to help you if you post the url of you "picture detail" page
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

The installation is a local one. But how can I get a page for only one picture? Can you tell me?

Experienced user

I repeat my answer:

This is only possible if you manually add each image to the gallery collection yourself, as only a gallery item can be commented on.
    http://www.delaney.co.za/

I have done this on my one client site but disabled the reader view, as the client didn't need this comment function (yet). You can make the Collection Gallery List make smaller images with no info and then when they click on the gallery item (which is only a single poster image anyway), then it goes to a detail page where the gallery reader will only show the poster image and the details, e.g. title, description, and other info.

New user

Ah okay. I think it will be to difficult for my customer. Another point there are about 100 or more pictures per gallery, so it takes a long time. I think I have to look for another solution.

Thx for your responses

Experienced user

if you want facebook style naming each picture and then also comments, then creating an entry for EACH picture is the only way, as each picture would need a database entry. another option would be to upload the images in bulk by specifying a folder and then the gallery system will auto-create each entry for you based on the filename. This might be easier than adding the entries themselves. I'll see if I can write the bulk import button for this.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    ...another option would be to upload the images in bulk by specifying a folder and then the gallery system will auto-create each entry for you based on the filename. This might be easier than adding the entries themselves. I'll see if I can write the bulk import button for this.
    That sounds very interesting. If you can realize it it would be a good solution for my project.

greetz Nikolas

New user

Is there a solution on the way? I'm very interested in this. Just let me know if you will try to implement the bulk import option.

Thx
    Nikolas

Experienced user

This is only a part-time project, and at the moment I have little time to do any coding. The last gallery refresh was a client-driven version. I'll be willing to do it for money ;-)

New user

I understand. Time is money
    Then I have to wait because the project I need this option for is a freetime project and so I don't earn money myself for it.
    Perhaps there will be a customer who wants this function. For so long I'll wait... perhaps you'll finished it before

Thx Nikolas

New user

The installation is a local one. But how can I get a page for only one picture? Can you tell me?
    I have done this on my one client site but disabled the reader view, as the client didn't need this comment function (yet). You can make the Collection Gallery List make smaller images with no info and then when they click on the gallery item (which is only a single poster image anyway), then it goes to a detail page where the gallery reader will only show the poster image and the details, e.g. title, description, and other info.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by daviidwilson

Thx for your response.

There is only one difficult point: My customer wouldn't create a gallery for each picture. At the moment there are galleries with more than 100 pictures. So it isn't an option I can leave my customer with, you know?!

Greetz
    Nikolas

Experienced user

This extension isn't facebook. And there you still have to add each image and title it anyway, so pretty much the same.