Thread: Content elements in another section than main

User

Default Content elements in another section than main

Hi,

I would like to place some parts of an article in the main sections and some parts in the layout section "right" (sidebar).

What is the best way to do this?

Here is an example of what I was thinking about: http://www.cyberlink.ch/firmenkunden.../adslvdsl.html
    The part on the right under "Abo Optionen" would be the right layout section.

The only way I can think of doing this would be with a "custom HTML" module. But this would generate many modules. And somehow it belongs to the article. Does anybody have a better solution?

Experienced user

Default Re: Content elements in another section than main

I think the best way to do that would just be 2 separate articles -- one for your main column and one for your right column. You can add "Articles" to both columns in your Page Layout settings, then choose the column for your article to appear in your article settings.

Another option is CSS -- instead of having a right column in your layout, have it span both columns. Create a CSS class that floats a content element to the right, then apply that class where needed.

I think the first one is more elegant, but the 2nd would only require one article.
    Brian

User

Default Re: Content elements in another section than main

Thanks!

I did not know that I can add "Articles" to both sections at the same time.

In this case I will try this.