Thread: form redirection not working - SOLVED

User

Default form redirection not working - SOLVED

I am using TYPOlight version 2.8.2 . For some reason the form redirection is not working for me. I have set up redirection in the form, it is set to redirect to a page that is published, and I can access that page by going to it directly.

Here is the form: http://accessibility.umn.edu/contact.html and this is the form confirmation page: http://accessibility.umn.edu/confirmation.html . When I submit the form, it simply takes me to a blank page. How can I try to troubleshoot this?

I am using an Automatic Form extension, but I don't think that this is the source of the problem. I did a test with a regular form and experience the same behavior.

Thank you,
    Tonu

Experienced user

Default Re: form redirection not working

I would turn on error reporting and see if anything comes up. Are the emails being sent / logged in the db?

User

Good idea...

Here is a message that I receive when I turn on "Display error messages"
    Code:
    Fatal error: Class 'Swift_DependencyContainer' not found in /swadm/web/ac/plugins/swiftmailer/dependency_maps/cache_deps.php  on line 3
    The form information does not get stored posted into the database either and no emails are sent.

User

It looks like the form redirection is not working because of the emailing of the form. When I disable to email the form, then the redirection works just fine.

From the error message I understand that I need to have a swiftmailer PHP library installed and enabled if I want to use "send email using an smtp server option". I will look into this more.

Experienced user

User

Default Re: form redirection not working - SOLVED

My problem was indeed with the Swiftmailer plugin. I had recently reviewed and changed the folder and file permissions on all typolight directories and files. In doing so, I missed the Swiftmailer directory permissions. After changing the swiftmailer directory and all subdirectories to 755, emailing and consequently form redirection started working.