Thread: [solved] dfGallery

New user

Default [solved] dfGallery

Hi,

this is a really great, potent gallery tool! I just installed it and I'm trying to check out all possibilities. What I don't quite understand yet is the option to include dfGalleries. Has anybody toyed with that yet?

Anka

Experienced user

Default Re: dfGallery

What I don't quite understand yet is the option to include dfGalleries
    I don't understand what you mean??? How to get the module to show on your page?

Has anybody toyed with that yet
    No, but whats embedded is made by these guys http://www.dezinerfolio.com/ , so you may find some extra info there.
    I'm not sure if the module uses V1 or V2

New user

Hi all,

sorry I had forgotten to check notification ... I just installed version 0.8.1 - what a great gallery module!!!

Only I'm still having trouble to get the gallery to work with dfGallery. I set up the "Gallery dfGallery" module and selected the gal_dfgallery template but all I get on the page is this: "Der Eintrag "" existiert leider nicht." (Entry "" doesn't exist.)

I set up one gallery archive with two galleries and checked the archive in the module. There aren't many more option to set.

I tried to consult the manual but the manual link in the extension repository leads to a dead page.

Can anyone help?

Regards
    Anke

Experienced user

Well I'll try to get some manuals up on Contao Factory, but until then. The DF Gallery is just a flash rendering template and special Module code that renders the accomopanying XML template for the flash gallery. I far prefer the lightbox style rendering, but DF gallery is nice in other ways.

One thing that you might be getting confused with is that the Content Element Gallery Df Gallery (in Articles) has absolutely NOTHING to do with this app.

New user

Thyon,

I don't think I got confused with the CE dfGallery ...? Like I said I created a module type "Galerie dfGallery" (in German) using gal_dfgallery template for the gallery layout and df_default XML-template. I further created a page and an article and added the module to the article. The mdoule is linked to the gallery archive but in the FE it says there's no entry. Obviously I must be doing something wrong I just don't know what because everything seems easy enough.

I also set it up using your original gallery (without df) and that works fine. Since this gallery isn't showing paintings or photos but handicraft items and visitors might like a screen filling view to check details I'd like to offer the dfGallery ...

Experienced user

Are you sure you are driving the DFGallery module with an items alias? Just like the Viewer module, the dfGallery version also requires an ID/alias, e.g.

/mygalleryviewer/items/gallery-alias.html

You can test this by making sure you have both the Gallery Viewer and Gallery dfGallery on the same page, one below the other. Then you can see both together, one with thumbnails/lightbox and the other with flash dfgallery.

New user

Okay! Wrong thinking - I'd set the df module on the gallery listing page (instead of the details page) assuming that the dfgallery would also be able to handle/display more than one gallery ...

Thank you very much for your help, and the wonderful extension, of course!

Experienced user

You're welcome and thanks.

New user

Default Re: [solved] dfGallery

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum.

I'm new to Contao, and in a project I'm working on I'm trying to insert a dfGallery element inside an article, but when I load the page it returns me this error:

An IOError occurred while reading file 'system/html/gallery2.it.json'

Searching on the net I found out that it may be a permissions error.
    I checked out but folder and file have all the permissions I can give them (IIS User and even EVERYONE user just for testing purpose) and I don't know what else I can do...

My Contao installation runs on a Windows Server 2008 with IIS7 and PHP 5.2.13 as FastCGI
    I know it's maybe not the best platform to run Contao, but it's what I have and I have to try to make it work anyway.

Thank you for any help you could give me

Experienced user

Default Re: [solved] dfGallery

All files in the system/html/ folder are part of the internal Contao system and therefore any problems with that will be a system folder permission. Note that parent permissions also need to allow writing to that folder, otherwise it may not work, so check that the contao folder (/) and also the /system folder has the correct permissions.