Thread: Flags for Swedish and San Salvador mixed up

New user

Default Flags for Swedish and San Salvador mixed up

Changelanguage uses country flags to change between languages. Since languages and countries do not always have the same code, the flag image files must have the language code rather than the country code in their name.
    In my case, I have a part of my website in Swedish which has the language code "sv" (Sweden as a country has "se"). In order to function correctly with browser settings (Swedish people will have "sv" as primary language), my website must also use "sv" as language code. But the flag will then be the one for El Salvador, because El Salvador has "sv" as country code.

Because changelanguage is a language switcher rather than a country switcher, the file "sv.gif" should contain the Swedish flag. I have changed this in my installation, but it should even be changed in the official releases.

Official Contao Team andreas.schempp's Avatar

Default Re: Flags for Swedish and San Salvador mixed up

Thanks for letting me know, the latest build should fix this.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

New user

Default Re: Flags for Swedish and San Salvador mixed up

I was experiencing a similar issue, as part of my site is Swiss, and in Switzerland, they speak French and German, so it can get confusing using flags only. Hopefully this issue has been resolved
    Quote Originally Posted by d.tamm
    Changelanguage uses country flags to change between languages. Since languages and countries do not always have the same code, the flag image files must have the language code rather than the country code in their name.
    In my case, I have a part of my website in Swedish which has the language code "sv" (Sweden as a country has "se"). In order to function correctly with browser settings (Swedish people will have "sv" as primary language), my website must also use "sv" as language code. But the flag will then be the one for El Salvador, because El Salvador has "sv" as country code.

Because changelanguage is a language switcher rather than a country switcher, the file "sv.gif" should contain the Swedish flag. I have changed this in my installation, but it should even be changed in the official releases.
    Weddings Las Vegas