Thread: [coin-slider] install issues

User

Default [coin-slider] install issues

when im trying to install coin-slider i get i wierd error where it is creating and droping tables.

When i choose no matter which options i choose i get the following error

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception  with message Query error: Table 'tl_coinslider' already exists (CREATE TABLE `tl_coinSlider` ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `pid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `sorting` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `tstamp` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `published` char(1) NOT NULL default '', `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', `width` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `height` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `spw` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `sph` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `delay` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `sDelay` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `opacity` float unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `titleSpeed` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `effect` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', `navigation` char(1) NOT NULL default '', `links` char(1) NOT NULL default '', `hoverPause` char(1) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `pid` (`pid`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;) thrown in D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\libraries\Database.php  on line 642

#0 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\libraries\Database.php(189): Database_Statement->query('CREATE TABLE `t...')
    #1 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\rep_client\RepositoryManager.php(424): Database->query('CREATE TABLE `t...')
    #2 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\rep_client\RepositoryBackendModule.php(151): RepositoryManager->update('database')
    #3 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\backend\BackendModule.php(116): RepositoryBackendModule->compile()
    #4 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\rep_client\RepositoryBackendModule.php(88): BackendModule->generate()
    #5 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\rep_client\RepositoryManager.php(71): RepositoryBackendModule->generate()
    #6 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\system\modules\backend\Backend.php(186): RepositoryManager->generate()
    #7 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\contao\main.php(101): Backend->getBackendModule('repository_mana...')
    #8 D:\wamp\www\mcgee\contao\main.php(304): Main->run()
    #9 {main}
    anyone know why this is or how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Ste

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: [coin-slider] install issues

The error message tells you, that there already exists a "tl_coinslider"-table in your database. Because of that it colides with the "Create table tl_coinslider"-action.

When you look at the initial image, you'll see that first it tries to create both tables and below it asks you do drop both tables. So it seems you already installed it some time ago (maybe manually?).

User

Its really strange becuase the module works but i get an error when I try to update the database.

I dont think i have installed it before.

imported_Nina
    Gast

According to the german board this could be an issue with a database setting (lowercase/uppercase table names). Are you working with a local installation like XAMPP?

If you are using XAMPP open my.ini (in mysql/bin) and add this in the column [mysqld]
    Code:
    lower_case_table_names  = 2

User

Hi yeah we are working locally using a WAMP server

does the above code still apply?

We have had issues with this and the RSS feed combiner extensions but no other extensions.

Thanks,
    Ste

imported_Nina
    Gast

Theoretically it should also apply but I don't know where the MySQL-configuration file is in WAMPP.

User

Thanks for your help, we will have too look into it.

For further information regarding this issue take a look at the according MySQL manual page: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ ... ivity.html
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

I have had this and I edited the QSL file in system/modules/coin_slider/config to have lower case table names for `tl_coinPictures` and `tl_coinSlider` This stops the error occuring but unless the module developer changes these it will happen again once an upgrade is availiable and i upgrade.
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

Why don't you try the suggestion of Nina?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options