Thread: Customer defined attributes

New user

Default Customer defined attributes

Hi,

I'm trying to create a store with isotope and i have some issues.

For standard attributes like "Size" for example.
    For each product, the shop admin has to define several values for available sizes, from a list (i.e. S, M, L, XL).

The customer must select a unique value and can't be authorized of selecting multiple values.

I tried to create a "size" attribute with the following options :
    - Select menu
    - Defined by Customer

But, when adding product i can't select multiple sizes (i.e. just the available ones).

Plus, does the module handle quantities ? If a product is not available anymore for one specific size , the customer must not be able to add the product to his cart or to complete the order and payement process, that would result in really big problems for the shop

How can i do that ? That's a very common use.

Thanks a lot.

br,
    Benjamin.

Default Re: Customer defined attributes

Not sure I fully understand, but it sounds like you want to set up product variants. In that case you would need to check "Add to Product Variants Wizard" for that attribute. That will allow you to create the variant products based off of the parent product, etc.

I think that Inventory Management is scheduled for the next major release. (0.3) Andreas and Fred have built it out and I have it running well on a few shops, so it's not far off...