Thread: Contao forge - contao-forge.org

Default Contao forge - contao-forge.org

Hi extension users and extension developers

Some of you might have joined the Contao boat after developing websites using Typo3 (I'm going to omit any comments about that ) and if you've ever worked with extensions (which is basically always necessary - d'oh, that was a comment ) you maybe came across the forge (http://forge.typo3.org).

A forge basically is a collaboration platform. If you want to know some more details, you can help yourself with Wikipedia

Did you know? There's also a Contao forge!
    In the German community (ah, I really hate saying that and make that difference between two communities that are in fact just one big...), it is already very well known and the devs are really using it. For me this is, as a developer and user of extensions, simply great! On one hand, I can track my own extensions where people can report bugs, ask for features or just keep track of the progress using the roadmap etc. On the other hand, I can do exactly the same. I can check for further development of extensions I really like, contribute or even just say "thank you".

As you might have already realized, I try to care a little about the English speaking community :lol:
    This is why I asked the developers to always translate the title of the tickets into English, so that you all get the chance to know, what the ticket roughly is about.

The software, called Redmine, is the same that is also being used by Leo for the offical Contao tracker. So developers already know the software and it's, in my opinion, the best you can get.
    The service is free (many thanks go out to Stefan Lindecke aka lindesbs - yes, you're allowed to donate) and I'd love to see some of you contributing and sharing their projects there.

Although the software is multilingual, I'm sure there are still things that aren't translated or confusing for you guys.
    Just let me know, I'll be happy to check, together with Stefan, what could be done about it

Link to the inofficial Contao Forge: http://contao-forge.org
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

User

Default Re: Contao forge - contao-forge.org

And once again the website is dominated by german language. No, wait, it's whole in german language! This is a nonsense. Do you think that both languages can cooperate on one website?

Register and set the language to English first.
    Then, as I said, I'll be happy to translate and change things to your favor - ok?

http://www.contao-forge.org/issues/1003 <-- first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru
    Do you think that both languages can cooperate on one website?
    Yes, I do. I always did and I always will. It's just all about you. You can keep complaining about the German language all the time or start accepting the fact that Contao isn't American, British or Canadian and that there are people that don't speak English and earn a living with Contao.

I mean - you don't have to use it...it's again, like the developer conference, a German community project and inofficial. All you can do is give it a break or use whatever else fits you best, k? :roll:
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

Quote Originally Posted by Tru
    And once again the website is dominated by german language. No, wait, it's whole in german language! This is a nonsense. Do you think that both languages can cooperate on one website?

Hello Tru User !

Come on and help !!!!

Help me within my forge project.
    Sign in and support us. Thats how it works.

Keep it simple, like Contao.