Thread: slideshow2 vertical thumbnails

User

Default slideshow2 vertical thumbnails

Great work on slideshow2 extension! I had no problems getting it up and running.

I would like to place the thumbnails vertically next to the image as is displayed on this slideshow2 example page: http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/s.../example5.html . From the page header I see that they use the following CSS code to make this work:

.slideshow-thumbnails {
    height: 300px;
    left: auto;
    right: -80px;
    top: 0;
    width: 70px;
    }
    .slideshow-thumbnails ul {
    height: 500px;
    width: 70px;
    }

I understand that to change the styling of the slideshow in Contao, I would need to create a new template based on slideshow2_css_standard.tpl file and then modify it. How could I implement the above CSS in the template to make the thumbnails appear vertically?

Thanks!

User

Default Re: slideshow2 vertical thumbnails

Well you just go to templates and create a new slideshow2_css_standard.tpl.
    There you overwrite or add the CSS code and then you should see if it works.

User

It is the template css code that I would be interested in seeing in case someone has already changed it to show the thumbnails vertically.

Also, I have not been able to change the slideshow2 to use a different css template. I created a new template, changed its name, but it does not show up in the selection list for selecting a template. This is a separate issue however. I will create a new post about it.

User

Looks like I am able to select a new template if I have it in the root of the template folder structure. I had it in a subfolder. I will email the developer about it.

User

I would also think you could specify .slideshow-thumbnails ul (or li) to display as a table column. I believe that will force it into a vertical line of thumbnails.

Its a bug. Solution and patch here http://code.google.com/p/slideshow/issues/detail?id=234
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist