Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal Purchase Registration

New user

Default Re: Paypal Purchase Registration

i've tested the whole day. something is wrong with paypal express. standard seems to work. i'm not sure if some settings are missing in paypal or contao. i inserted api name, pass and signature number. email-address and token are filled, but no redirect. what's the ipn url in paypal? my checkout page?

EDIT: Some missconfigured paypal sandbox settings

New user

hi... may I ask where the development of this extension is right now?
    My client wants a subscription based video platform. Nothing big. But the recurring payment thing is not as simple as it seems...
    Boy... I've spent days trying to set up a Joomla site just because there is no paid subscription with recurring payments available in Contao so far, except your extension. But I understand from this thread that recurring payments just work one way, is that right? No counter check if somebody has stopped paying?
    What would have taken me a couple of hours in Contao takes me ages in Joomla and I am close to dumping it all in the trash... I hope your extension can save me from the jaws of Joooooomla!

New user

hey, i got it to work now. but one problem still exist. if the member successfully purchased the membership access, he lost the member group status "PAID Members" if he logged in for the first time. I checked this with the sandbox. After purchasing he is in "PAID Members" and if he try to login he successfully logged in but as normal user. in BE the member group "PAID Members" is unchecked? Does this a problem of the disabled token?

Thanks, derox

New user

Ben, please help!

Why does the member lost his membership status after login? I hope you will be back soon and holiday was great. :D

EDIT: I found the problem: if no expire date was given. It's seems to working now. It will be nice if you can fix this in next release and possible the token check. what about tax rates?

thanks again.

New user

Hello,

I need to use your extension but I encounter some troubles.

First of all, I use Contao 2.11.5 but the extension is supposed to work only till the 2.11.3 version...do you think that my problems come from that ?

The problem is that I cannot select any module type. If I try to setup the PurchaseRegistration module type, it select the Register module type, which is not the paypal paiement module.

Can you help me ?

Thank you.

EDIT :
    Ok, The version 1.1.0 stable is not working well but the 1.1.1 beta works, I can create modules.

New user

Hello every body,

I'm still in trouble, help me please...

I'm using the 1.1.1 version of the extension with Contao 2.11.5.

First of all, the billing part is preconfigured for UK and a select country field seems to be mandatory, but I'm in France and this is unuseful, how can I switch this off ?

Now the most important, all my testing payment failed...without any explanations...

Do you think that I should downgrade Contao to v 2.11.3 ? This version of the extension may not be compatible with the last version of Contao...

New user

Hello,

Does someone can tell me if this extension works or not with Contao 2.11.5 ?

Please answer.

Thanks

New user

Hi I'm the developer of this extension. I'll have a good read through this thread and try to address the issues posted asap.

In the meantime if you can use the bugtracker that would be most helpful
    http://www.contao-forge.org/projects/pa ... urchasing/

1.2.0 will be the next release version: http://www.contao-forge.org/versions/544

Thankyou.

New user

Default I finally got rid of that annoying pound symbol!

No matter how many times I changed the currency setting I still got a british pound symbol just before jumping to PayPal. It was driving me crazy and my client was not amused. I finally found the stroppy bugger and changed it. Here's what I did: I went to ModulePayPalPurchaseCheckout.php and around lines 321 to 326 there was 4 references to "£" I got rid of those and changed them to "can $" for Canadian dollars. For some reason the module had the british pound symbol hard coded into it, weird eh? That's the fix for Contao 2.11, hope this helps anyone with the same problem.