Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Purchase Registration

User

Default Paypal Purchase Registration

This will be the support area for Paypal Purchase Registration

This module allows developers to set up paid registration for Contao members. Create a member group with access to restricted areas of the website and when a user signs up and registers they will make a payment by PayPal Standard, Express or Website Payments Pro which once processed will give them access to the members area.

Report Bugs: http://www.contao-forge.org/projects...untpurchasing/

This is our first module, hopefully of many. Feedback welcome

This module is based on the standard registration module but adds the functionality to add a payment option.

Thanks
    Ben
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

User

Default Re: Paypal Purchase Registration

Hi Ben,

Great extension, and good timing, I have an upcoming project that needs PayPal payments :-)

Can it handle monthly subscriptions?

Cheers, Gary.

User

Thanks Gary,

It should be able to but we haven't tested it fully. If you could and let us know any issues would be appreciated.

We have just used it for pay once and have membership for life.

Cheers
    Ben

User

Gary, recuring payments works, but we didn't link it to check against the website. so if someone doesn't pay one month then the website won't know to lock access.

This is something we just didn't need to do for the client so didn't include it. We will look to add this one day but don't know when.

On a side note if any native German speakers are interested in the module you may want help with the translation as i did this through Google Translate.

Experienced user

i did this through Google Translate
    Generally if you translate English to German in Google Translate - Eskimos will understand perfectly, but a German will probably slap you because you just insulted his mother :D

User

Yes, I thought that would be the case.

It seems I have to add a translation in oder to publish a module in the extension repository. Is this right? Maybe i'm missing something.

Experienced user

By "must add at least one translation" they mean one languages folder, so just English is ok.
    However I think Google Translated German still gives a good starting point to someone to improve on.

Don't get me wrong .... I think Google Translate is a fantastic tool, and built so it will learn over time.
    Its a bit like giving your files to a ten-year-old .. they often do pretty well, but sometimes can't.

User

Yeah, I'm sure with more modules we release the better i'll get at it. I did try just adding the language file for the second module I released but it didn't appear in repository. ONce i added a german translation it appeared. Maybe i just needed to wait a bit longer.

If it is the basis for someone to work on then all the better. as long as someone can that's good.

User

Very good extension... I like ! And the possibility of evolution are enormous ! !

I have some questions about your extension:
    - Is it possible to have multiple subscriptions? (1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months ....)
    - How to manage your extension for the end subscription?
    - The members have the opportunity to know the end date of subscription?

It would be great to move from "Premium" group to "Basic" group after end of the subscription.
    It will allow members to continue to log into the site

User

Hi,

Currently recuring payments work, but it isn't linked to the website to stop someone loggin in once a subscrition is terminated.

For this we would need to do a lot of extra work.

The plan would be to:
    We would then need to set the subscription so each time a payment was made this would set the user account to deactivate after the allocated amount of time, so 1 month, 3 months 6 month 1 year etc. With each new payment from the subscription it would re allocate a new deactivation date for that user.

We would then need to create a front end module so a basic user can login and manage thier subscription.
    this management section is potentially the trickiest as. It would need to let them know which premuim group they wanted to subscribe to and also show end of subscription date.
    Also is a subscription had been canceled they would need to be able to reactivate the account.

Currently we don't have the time to develop this. If someoen would like to plan out a flow chart of procedures including page designs for forms and functionaliy needed this could give us something to go on when we have time to add more functionality.

Ben

Excelent extension, it works perfect.

But why is there an error if I enable in settings "Enable GZip compression".
    When you go to registration form, error is display like this:
    Code:
    Content Encoding Error
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
    This happens only in Firefox and Safari in Opera everything is OK.

Sorry for not publish this in bug section.
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

User

Hi,

We haven't tested it with Gzip compression, not sure if it should have anything to do with the payment module.

Also relating to your PM. Is this paypal Standard Module or the Paypal Payments Pro module?

To do sand box testing you will need to sign up to the US dev site and get a paypal admin to enable your account to test properly. We had a nightmare getting the sandbox testing set up to work properly. PayPal support took a long time to do it and not all knew what they had to do.

Hi Ben,
    thank you for your replay.
    Well the error occurre only when I go to FE where registration form is and in BE when I want to access article, where module is placed.

I'm using paypal standard. The "error" is the same as on your demo page (when you buy on paypal sandbox and than it redirect you back to site), when you register it only showes the empty value, as I wrote in PM. I'm wondering if this is only sandbox thing and when it goes live, it register member and there is no empty value anymore (as I said in PM the member isn't registerd when you use sandbox).

My knowlage is little bit poor in developing some new stuff with php (for now) and I was wondering if is there an easy way to achive:
    Two payment option (price). Lifetime membership and Year membership

Best regards,
    Andraz

User

Hi Andraz,

I'm not too sure about the errors. Can you provide any error codes or screenshots?

Have you logged into the sandbox main dev account before trying to checkout? You need to be logged into the sandbox for some reason as this is the way paypal has set it up to work.

Have you checked the debug option in the module for testing?

Currently there is only a lifetime option availiable. Developing a recuring billing option would be very time consuming and our client didn't need this so we didn't build it in.

Ben

Experienced user

http://www.whatsmyip.org/http_compression/ will show you if compression on your other pages is actually working.
    I was having problems with gzip (via Settings) and I never really got to the bottom of it, but I think it has to do with the default htaccess file and the fact my server is version 1.3.something of Apache (ie: not Apache 2) ...and so mod_deflate is not supported

User

Hi Andraz,

I think you are getting blank fields as you haven't set PayPal to auto return, this then isn't sending any data back.

Try this:

Follow these steps to configure your account for PDT:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click the Profile subtab.
    3. Click Website Payment Preferences in the Seller Preferences column.
    4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button.
    5. For the Return URL, enter the URL on your site that will receive the transaction ID posted by PayPal after a customer payment.
    6. Under Payment Data Transfer, click the On radio button.
    7. Click Save.

Hi Ben,
    I will try it tomorrow and let you know if this was/is the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
    Andraz

New user

Hello!
    An interesting extension, Ben!

I'm planning a magazine with regular issues.

The user will be allocated based after the successful payment of another group.

The groups could be as follows:

free
    Issue 01
    Issue 02
    Issue 03
    etc.

It might be a variety of content Contao system only to paid users to make this area accessible.

For different content, such as an eZine the best solution.

Even a coin system would be conceivable in which the user gets points with purchased access to a group.

Can I transform this on the basis of this extension?

Regards

Andreas

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

User

Hi Ben,

I installed this last night, only took half an hour to set up, it's a great extension! THANKS!

One issue, if I enter an amount say 9.99 it always round to the nearest whole number, how can I enter decimals?

Thanks again Ben.

User

Hi Gary,

We've not noticed this. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Cheers
    Ben

Experienced user

Hi guys,
    has anyone found more info on why the gzip error mentioned by wotanskrieg?

New user

Hello,

my english is not very good! but I have a question about denoch http://www.contao-forge.org/projects/pa ... asing/wiki!
    Have a test site established under http://www.fair-deal-club.net/test/inde ... r-pay.html!

If I fill out and submit the registration does not happen what can I do?

friendly greetings

Mawuh

User

Hi,

Not exactly sure what your issue is. We are however updating this module at the moment and hope to have a new improved version before Christmas.

Ben

New user

Ben,
    How close are you to the newer version?
    Alan

User

Released it the other day. Give it ago and let us know.

New user

Hi Ben

thanks for the extension.

However I got several problems and questions.

The first one - that have been raised before - : how can I get to manage amounts with decimals ? I just want users to pay 8.90€, not 9€ ^^
    Thanks for your answer.

Also I was wondering the difference between your own "PurchaseRegistration" Module and the Contao Registration module.
    For some reason, I couldn't get yours to work (registrant isn't added as a member) so I tried to create a Contao Registration module, pointing to the checkout page module. Seems to be working...

One more question :
    I don't understand how to manage multiple items... I.E. I want to sell 3 products with 3 different prices and 3 different recurring payment.

So I created 3 different checkout modules with 3 different prices.
    I created a page with the 3 items (lets call it "catalog page"). I linked each item to the page with the relevant module.
    I pointed my registration page to the "catalog page".
    Seems to be working but... prices are not right ! #products_body is always linked to the first item price...
    Also, I didn't figure out how to make a recurring payment every 2 or 3 years...

Again, thanks for your extension and your help.
    Vinny

User

Hi vinny,

We are updating this extesion as we speak

We have fixed the decimal issue.

We are currently making it more flexible so you can add multiple payment and subscription options.

You will be able to set up payment options (paypal standard, paypaol pro and express)

You will be able to set different registration options so you can create multiple ways of subscribing with different costs.

When you set up a subscription you will be able to assign a member group that that user joins, they will then have access to view all pages allowed for this member group.

also when someone cancels thier subscription they will reduced back do a basic member where the member group settings will only allow them to view thier account details and give them an option to subscribe again (this is the tricky bit)

We will need a bit of help with testing if you are around to help with this?

Many thanks
    Ben

User

We can help test as well?

User

I will release a beta version into the extension repository either today or tomorrow.

If you guys can help us test it we can iron out any bugs.

Thanks
    Ben

New user

Hi Ben
    txs for your answer !

I will look that up ^^

User

We are just tidying up the extension and hope to release a new beta version today/tomorrow. It is for a client that wants bespoke functionality so we need to remove some of their stuff. We have adapted it to make it more flexible for the community.

We haven't implemented the multiple options for subscription yet. We hope to do this next week.

We have improved on the renew subscription section, this will mean that when a users subscription has expired they will loose access to the member group they paid to be a member of. they will then have optins to resubsribe.

Ben

User

There is a new version in the repository.

This is Version 1.1.1 beta1. This is the same as 1.1.0 Stable but this isn't a full tested release so I created a copy and called it 1.1.1 beta1.

If you can post any bugs to: http://www.contao-forge.org/projects...untpurchasing/ it would be much appriciated.

If anyone could help documnet it too that would be great.

User

Hi Ben, we have a project that can use this, delivery deadline end of June, will give you feedback/bugs asap.

User

Thanks Gary

Experienced user

Ben I'm just trying this module now (v 1.1.1 beta 1) on Contao 2.11.3, and have encountered a couple of major problems, which I added to the ContaoForge project tracker.
    The main one is I cannot create any of the 4 frontend modules needed - when I select any of them in Themes:modules - the module list just reverts back to "navigation".
    murray

User

Sorry to see that. We will look into it.

User

Hi,

This was a contao version issue. We have now updated it to work in 2.11.3 as well as .29.5 and 2.10.

New version beta2 in repo.

Experienced user

Great stuff thanks Ben

New user

Hello,

On the page wich contains the PayPalPurchaseCheckout module, I had a blank line at the top of the page (visible because I have a background design). When I deactivate the module, the blank line disappear.

There was two spaces before the doctype definition !

I found that it was the character encoding used in the "modulePayPalPurchaseCheckout.php" file. When I convert to ANSI (it was in UTF8), the problem is solved.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for this module.

Olivier

New user

hey, great extension. That's what i'm looking for. Thank you very much.
    But i got a little problem: everytime i push the "submit payment" button i get an "invalid request token!" message from contao. i'm using paypal express and everything looks fine, like api and paypal token.

i've disabled the token check in be, but the checkout page only reloads and not redirecting to paypal?

Can someone figure it out? thanks for help,

i'm using contao 2.11.4

derox