Thread: back link/fullscreen view

New user

Default back link/fullscreen view

Hi Thyon,

the back link is generated as "javascript:history.go(-1)". I've read, that this is required because of the missing referer information on cached pages. But as a side effect this makes the back link "useless" in pagination: I would expect to get back to the main page (e.g. gallery list) when clicking on "back" but if I viewed images on page 2 of a gallery I get back to page 1 of this gallery. Is there any way to affect the generation of this link? I'm using one gallery viewer for serveral archives/galleries so its not possible to build a static back link into the page.

Is it possible to use a page (including the site layout) as fullscreen view and not the lightbox? I found no way to acomplish this as the link in the gallery view is always generated as link to the picture in the file system.

cu
    Jan

Default Re: back link/fullscreen view

Hi Jan,

there have been already created several tickets about this issue. And the answer is always the same...
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Hi xchs,

I've read this ticket and I realized the problem. But I think it's a little bit different with the gallery: as I think "back" shouldn't be simply "one-step-back" but e.g. "back-from-gallery-view-to-gallery-list". Going back one page isn't the expected function when being in a gallery on a page other than the first on and clicking on the global back link. This is covered by the pagination navigation, back should - in my opinion - jump back to the page that linked to the gallery view.

Regards, Jan

Experienced user

Yes but you naturally assume that a single list page is the origin of the link to the reader page, when in fact you could have 5 different lists (home highlights, list all view, news galleries, etc.) that all generate links differently and let you "click to read" that item. This makes it impossible for the reader to know where it came from, so it can return.