Thread: 2.9.4 Template Editor with Code Editor

Experienced user

Default 2.9.4 Template Editor with Code Editor

Hi,

If anyone has 2.9.4 installed, would you mind going into the template editor and seeing if the Code Editor works for you?

Mine is broken, but I can't tell if it's me or a bug. The Template Editor seems to be disabled on the demo.

Thanks!
    Brian

User

Default Re: 2.9.4 Template Editor with Code Editor

Hi Brian, I have 2.9.4 on a test site. Just tested the code editor, I can open, edit & save. Re-open and my changes are there. All seems to work normally to me.

Experienced user

Argh... I can't figure it out.

Gary, did you do an upgrade or a clean install?

Can you do me one more favor? Can you look in /system/config/editArea.php for me? Do you see this line anywhere?

Code:
    <?php foreach ($this->ceFields as $strField): ?>
    Brian

Experienced user

AHA!

I think it is a bug, because I just downloaded the zip and installed it, and it's doing it there too without me making any customizations.

I think it only affects new installs, because the bug is in /system/config/editArea.php, which is probably "update safe". So if you did an update, you wouldn't get the new version of the file.

The new version of the file contains this --

Code:
    <?php foreach ($this->ceFields as $strField): ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    I think this was added so that more than one code editor can exist on the page.

The problem is, it looks like there is no such thing as $this->ceFields when you are in the Template Editor, so it errors out instead.

I did a temporary fix by doing this --
    Code:
    <?php foreach ($this->ceFields ? $this->ceFields : array($this->ceField) as $strField): ?>
    I guess I'll go report it...

Thanks!
    Brian

User

Hi Brian,

1) It was an upgrade, I have not completed a clean install for maybe 12 months. I always copy from a template site so that I do not have to set up extensions every time.

2) Yes, I have that on line 102.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Gary.

Experienced user

Hi Medianomoly,
    I'm getting
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxx/system/config/editArea.php on line 102
    on Contao 2.9.4 after Liveupdate when using the code editor, and yes ...thats the line.

Did you report it as a ticket yet?

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet
    Did you report it as a ticket yet?
    Is it different problem from #2922?
    If not, r630 solve the prlblem and it will appear with Contao 2.9.5 in roadmap.
    --
    Takahiro Kambe

Experienced user

Thanks Taca,
    thats the one.
    :D

ComputeLily
    Gast

Hi, guys! My apologies for the late response in this thread, but I was curious to know if anyone was able to get this issue figured out. It appears that I'm having many of the same issues as Medianomaly and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to implement some HTML Code into an e-mail (for email marketing purposes) and I like using the template editor to ensure that the code is clean and everything looks aesthetically pleasing for the customer. So far, I've tried uninstalling & installing the program, but it's still having problems. Think it's because I'm still using Windows Vista? Can someone help me out? It'd be SO appreciated! Thanks!!! :mrgreen: