Thread: moving of the horizontal menu

User

Default moving of the horizontal menu

I implemented the MenuMatic horizontal menu http://dsdev.ds.umn.edu/test-service.html.

Now I am having trouble figuring out how to move it to the desired position. I would like it to be below the Accommodations and Services image and above the paragraph heading. Thanks for any help.

Tonu

Experienced user

Default Re: moving of the horizontal menu

The #nav selector in your menumatic stylesheet defines a top of 15px. Increase that. It seems like you use the Contao stylesheet system, so inside the menumatic stylesheet search for the #nav selector and change the position top.

You'd also need to increase the top padding of the article. Something like:
    Code:
    #main .mod_article {
    padding-top: 20px;
    }

User

Yes, this does move the MenuMatic menu. As you appropriately pointed out, I would also have to move the text element down to make room for the menu. I wonder if there is a different way to do this.

Right now the MenuMatic menu appears to stay on top of everything else on the page. I would like it to appear in the normal flow of the document so that it would appear below the image. Only when the sub-menu is exposed by hovering over the menu item, the sub-menu would appear on top of whatever is below it. Perhaps this could not be done, but I thought I would still ask :-).

Thanks a lot Ruud. I am learning a lot from you.
    Tonu

Experienced user

Well, right now #nav is appearing outside of the normal flow because of the position: absolute statement. I think you already know this... Changing it to #nav {position: static;} (the default) should already help you. There are many variables I don't have the time for to look at so I'm not confident this will be the complete solution...

What about a CSS course/book instead of me (whenever I feel like it)? For example CSS mastry (ISBN 1590596145)

New user

Yes, this does move the MenuMatic menu. As you appropriately pointed out, I would also have to move the text element down to make room for the menu. I wonder if there is a different way to do this.
    Now I am having trouble figuring out how to move it to the desired position. I would like it to be below the Accommodations and Services image and above the paragraph heading. Thanks for any help.